SimplePart’s Development Team is looking for a seasoned Database Developer with experience building application functionality using Stored Procedures in Microsoft SQL Server. In this role you will architect and develop new functionality (schema, sprocs, functions, etc), tune and modify existing code, and participate in the full SQL development lifecycle as a part of our Development Team.
Our platform and data powers parts, accessories and service e-commerce programs for the world’s most successful automotive OEMs and dealers – and is used monthly by more than 5,000,000 shoppers. This is a hands-on position, working in two week sprints building big, meaningful projects with a direct, immediate and visible impact to key global brands like Toyota/Lexus, VW/Audi, Nissan/Infiniti, Volvo and Subaru.
To be clear – this is not a DBA role. Our platform employs a Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) model within which a majority of our application functionality is delivered via SQL Stored Procedures. This is an application development role working in Microsoft SQL Server developing scalable, lightweight, secure code which runs across a federated SQL Server environment at Enterprise scale.
Key attributes of our platform:
- SOA (Service Oriented Architecture) model, using MS-SQL and .NET (C#) – with 70% of our code-base in SQL
- Configuration-driven, powering dozens of OEM programs and thousands of stand-alone online stores
- Includes multiple applications: Retail Shopping, Checkout, Dealer back-office, Catalog Management, Reporting
- Secure, lightweight, simple and speedy – with a minimum of outside/excess code bloat
- Multi-language and multi-currency
One of our biggest challenges at the Database layer is striking the right balance between performance and dynamics of the experience we deliver. To achieve the right mix for shoppers on our platform, we need real-time access to historical data to tailor and customize each pageview. Our core application functionality in SQL uses terabytes of data in real-time as a part of every pageview – this is a key architectural challenge.
Strong candidates will be able to show us:
- Innovative, challenging programming work in Microsoft SQL Server at an Enterprise level
- Experience working with Stored Procedures, Functions and Views
- Experience working with large datasets in SQL
- Performance tuning experience; strong understanding of developing for performance in SQL
- Work experience in a 24/7 SaaS platform or e-commerce environment preferred.
- A love of coding (and learning).
- Development experience “for fun” outside of work.
- Past experience working in a team setting – co-developing, code-reviewing, mentoring, etc.
- 3+ years working in SQL Development.
Technology we use:
- Stored Procedures and Functions in SQL Server 2014
We take our culture very seriously. To apply, please include a cover letter that gives us an idea of your personality, who you are and what you’re all about.
This is a fun, fast-paced, close-knit environment with plenty of room to grow and be creative. We are an established, solidly profitable company with a start-up working environment and a brilliant team. We offer full-time W2 positions with company-paid health/dental/vision/life benefits, FSA, matching 401(k), unlimited paid vacation, dog-friendly office, relaxed dress code, eclectic company culture, and a great office location in Downtown Atlanta.
We are a nerdy and data-driven group, using design hand-in-hand with science to stand out in a dynamic market. Our portfolio covers most major US car brands, as well as thousands of individual dealers, and serves a worldwide user base of nearly 5,000,000 monthly shoppers.