SimplePart’s Development Team is looking for a seasoned .NET Architect with experience designing and building secure, scalable, lightweight applications for the web using C# and SQL – a background working in ecommerce at enterprise scale is preferred. You should have extensive knowledge on enterprise systems, security, development technologies within the Microsoft Stack, as well as excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills. Our platform and data powers parts, accessories and service e-commerce programs for the world’s most successful automotive OEMs and dealers – and is used monthly by more than 5,000,000 shoppers.
In this role your focus will be scaling and evolving our Platform and its various applications and supporting tools. You will be responsible for designing the next generation of our multi-language, multi-currency ecommerce platform. This includes core application functionality, API work as well as integrations with key partners. As one of the team’s leaders, this person should be empowering our development team to make sound technical and architectural decisions. We also need you to bring a breadth of experience and ideas to the role, with first-hand knowledge of the potential pitfalls involved in refactoring and scaling. This is a hands-on position, working in two week sprints building big, meaningful projects with a direct, immediate and visible impact to key global brands like Toyota/Lexus, VW/Audi, Nissan/Infiniti, Volvo and Subaru.
Key attributes of our platform:
- SOA (Service Oriented Architecture) model, using MS-SQL and .NET (C#) – with 70% of our code-base in SQL
- Configuration-driven, with pre-set designs and configurations (templates) for key brands/programs
- Powers dozens of OEM programs and thousands of stand-alone online stores
- Includes multiple applications: Retail Shopping, Checkout, Dealer back-office, Catalog Management, Reporting
- Secure, lightweight, simple and speedy – with a minimum of outside/excess code bloat
- Multi-language and multi-currency
One of our biggest technical challenges is striking the right balance between security, performance and feature functionality. To achieve the right mix across the widest possible range of devices and connection speeds – as well as both end users as well as search engines – is a key architectural challenge. Our Retail and Checkout applications focus on speed, conversion and supporting as wide a user base as possible – while our Back Office, CMS and Reporting applications give us a great deal of creative and technical freedom.
Strong candidates will be able to show us:
- 8+ years technical leadership and architecture experience in software development
- 5+ years working in SQL-backed environments.
- Solid work experience in a 24/7 SaaS platform or e-commerce environment.
- Ability to communicate and apply common architectural design patterns across a wide range of technical problems
- Experience and clear understanding of how to plan and execute within iterations and sprints
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Innovative, challenging programming work in the Microsoft stack, with SQL Server as a back end
- Experience building for the web using C#, Bootstrap, Vue, AJAX, CSS, jQuery, REST and the latest technologies.
- Ability to work independently with the knowledge and capability to come in and make an immediate impact
- Ability to design and implement solutions that meet both the customer and business needs, can define strategy and value, and has the knowledge and experience to back it up.
- Past experience working in a team setting – co-developing, code-reviewing, mentoring, etc.
- Hands-on expert level programming skills
- Experience working in a sprint-driven development process.
Technology we use:
- Web Apps built with .NET, using both WebForms and MVC
- APIs built on .NET (C# / VB.NET)
- SQL Server 2014
- Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS/Azure DevOps) + GIT
We take our culture very seriously. To apply, please include a cover letter that gives us an idea of your personality, who you are and what you’re all about.
This is a fun, fast-paced, close-knit environment with plenty of room to grow and be creative. We are an established, solidly profitable company with a start-up working environment and a brilliant team. We offer full-time W2 positions with company-paid health/dental/vision/life benefits, FSA, matching 401(k), unlimited paid vacation, dog-friendly office, relaxed dress code, eclectic company culture, and a great office location in Downtown Atlanta.
We are a nerdy and data-driven group, using design hand-in-hand with science to stand out in a dynamic market. Our portfolio covers most major US car brands, as well as thousands of individual dealers, and serves a worldwide user base of nearly 5,000,000 monthly shoppers.