A well-established and growing hospitality company, Silverspot offers a competitive salary and great benefits! We cover 100% of the cost of employee only health insurance, dental, vision and basic life insurance/AD&D. Additional offerings include supplemental benefits such as short-term disability and long-term disability, along with vacation, sick leave, paid holidays and FUN PERKS – free movie passes, popcorn, soda and employee discounts.
General Purpose – Staff Accountant
The Staff accountant performs important accounting functions with oversight and administration of accounts payable process, GL reconciliation, and vendor ledger reconciliation. Performs other accounting functions such as reconciles balance sheet accounts, assists with variance analysis, tracks prepaid expenses and accrued liabilities, maintains fixed asset and depreciation schedules, assists with month-end and year-end closing procedures and other accounting related duties as needed.
Ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience and knowledge of managerial accounting at a staff level and accounts payable processes at a manager level.
Responsibilities/Activities – Staff Accountant
- Reconcile vendor ledgers, invoices, and payments on a monthly basis.
- Assist in the oversight of invoice entry.
- Maintain fixed asset schedule
- Maintain tracking for prepaid expenses, accrued liabilities, and deposits.
- Maintain asset and depreciation records and make necessary journal entries to record asset acquisitions and dispositions and depreciation expense.
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts.
- Assist with GL trend and variance analysis to identify and resolve accounting discrepancies and irregularities.
- Assist with month-end and year-end close procedures.
- Assist with processing and recording daily receipts.
- Assist with bank deposit preparation.
- Assist with tracking tenant rents and receivables.
- Assists with the year-end independent audit. Includes preparing schedules, locating documents, and answering questions related to the staff accountant duties.
Qualification Requirements – Staff Accountant
- Bachelor degree in accounting
- CPA or CMA certified or at least 50% completed in course certification work preferred
- 5 years+ general accounting experience in private corporate accounting environment
- Advanced Excel skills
- Experience with Microsoft Teams, Outlook, project, SharePoint
- General accounting practices (GAAP)
- Accounts Payable systems and procedures
- Internal controls over assets
- Highly detail-oriented and organized
- Ability to meet constant stream of deadlines.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with different levels of employees.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Familiar with accounting software and programs.
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Ability to communicate effective and appropriately.
- Ability to speak and write in a clear and concise manner.
- Demonstrate good judgment in determining what to communicate to who
Physical Work Environment
Location: Broward County/Coconut Creek/Flexible Work Arrangement.
Staff Accountant duties are performed in an office setting; well ventilated and in a comfortable setting. Work is performed seated and use of office equipment such as a computer, copier/scanner, and printer. Manual dexterity frequent. Occasional bending, lifting of less than 25lbs.