Signode is a premier manufacturer of transit and packing products. This is a growth opportunity for a packaging engineer to work in our packaging lab. Great mentorship!
This position’s primary responsibility is to support the packaging lab in our Glenview headquarters. The Packaging Engineer will support sales, engineering and manufacturing, to develop new packaging applications, products and equipment, promoting the full capabilities of our equipment. In addition, this position will have accountability for the global packaging function under the Equipment & Tools platform.
Reasonable Accommodation Statement
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Utilize lab capabilities as part of an overall solutions selling program. Develop processes and methods to provide end of line/transit packaging optimization.
- Develop program for packaging design and recommendation including materials for field sales, training programs, software development, etc.
- Coordinate with each lab to ensure alignment and leverage of resources, capabilities, knowledge, etc.
- Keep up-to-date on industry standards and trends related to packaging testing requirement and best practices. Re-launch efforts to influence standards / specifications for transit packaging globally
- Understands all processes and procedures for all lab engagements including proper testing protocols, equipment calibration, testing activities and reporting procedures
- Provides work leadership and training to lower level professional employees.
- May act as internal consultant providing technical guidance on most complex projects.
- Develops new applications for existing packaging consumables and equipment to generate additional revenue in new markets, industries or geographic locations.
- Partners with manufacturing and R&D in developing new product lines and modifications to existing product lines, introducing suggestions for innovation of future and existing product lines.
- Reports to Packaging Lab Manager
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Packaging or Engineering and minimum 4-7 experience.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering required,
- Packaging Engineering specialization a big plus
Experience / Abilities:
- Minimum 1 year of experience or meaningful internship experience
- Experience in global team or environment a plus
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong team building skills
- Ability to establish lab standards and best practices based on applicable industry standards
- Professional and able to work well with customers