The Sierra Institute for Community and Environment seeks an enthusiastic full-time Office Administrator to support office operations. The position is primarily responsible for supporting staff by ensuring smooth day-to-day functioning of the office, including answering phones, managing file organization, etc., but may include some financial duties, support fundraising, and development, and assist with organizational communications as needed. We’re looking for a high-energy person to support staff with projects, handle organizational communication, data management, and assist the Executive Director with scheduling and managing board communication, and more. The candidate will have outstanding verbal and written skills, be a team player who demonstrates a positive and professional attitude, have excellent organizational skills, and keen attention to detail. The ideal candidate will excel in a dynamic setting with an ability to be flexible and adaptable while managing diverse and evolving projects and responsibilities. The position is based in Taylorsville, CA; temporary remote work may be available during COVID-19. The position is open until filled. The review of applications will begin on April 1, 2021.
- Prepare documents & PowerPoint for monthly Board of Director meetings including monthly meeting agenda and meeting minutes.
- Report to and support the Executive Director in a variety of office tasks
- Help the office run smoothly, tasks include but are not limited to: answering phones, collecting and dropping off the mail, ordering office supplies, email correspondence, vehicle, and facility management.
- Update the Sierra Institute website
- Support staff with their projects as needed
- Manage/ track office equipment including computers
- Onboard and Offboard Employees
- Support the Finance Team as needed
- Support the Development Director as needed
- Support the organization’s communications, social media, and marketing projects as needed
- Post new job opportunities, work with hiring managers to track and organize applications
- Support Executive Director during Monday morning staff meetings
- Establish and maintain data management and collaboration tools
READ THE FULL JOB DESCRIPTION HERE.
Compensation for this position will be commensurate with experience, anticipated range begins at $18/hour. The Sierra Institute maintains an extensive benefits package, including health and dental benefits. Retirement benefits accrue after the first year. The incumbent is also eligible for paid holiday, vacation, and sick leave consistent with Sierra Institute’s benefits package.
How to Apply
Please send your cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references as one PDF to email@example.com with “Office Administrator” in the subject line. Review of applications will begin on April 1, 2021, but the position is open until filled. Please call (530) 284-1022 with questions.