We are Siemens Mobility – We’re a leading global provider of short-distance, regional, and long-distance rolling stock, as well as product and system solutions for passenger and freight transport. We ensure that passengers are transported in a safe and comfortable environment while also meeting economic and environmental requirements. Our products are innovative and efficient while reducing environmental impact and conserving resources.
The Senior Network Control (NC) Engineer is responsible for developing the NC Contract Engineering Design deliverables/submittals for assigned projects and all other associated documentation, calculations, and drawings in North America (NAM).
The Senior NC Engineer will be required to work closely with the Project Manager(s) and Commercial Project Manager(s) to present an integrated engineering solution. This collaboration will extend to working and interfacing with our externally approved suppliers and or other third parties as appropriate to produce a homogeneous solution.
You will be responsible for ensuring adherence at all times to Siemens’ Business Management Systems (BMS), Safety working policies, standards, procedures, and standard practices.
The Senior NC Engineer shall provide the highest quality and level of Customer service. Simultaneously, the delivery timescales’ achievement and budget cost without compromising the quality of product or service is a critical success factor.
The Senior NC Engineer shall be required to understand Health, Safety, Environment, and Quality legislation and procedures and incorporate them into the Engineering design.
The Senior NC Engineer will support the Technical Manager (TM) as required.
The Senior NC Engineer will support the Team Leader – NC as required. The Senior NC Engineer will report to the Team Leader – NC.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY / TASKS:
• Product all discipline-specific design documentation required to obtain Customer approval, including:
o Network Control Architectures
o Alarm Lists
o Annunciation List
o HMI Annunciator Screen Shots
o Logic Diagrams
o SCADA I/O point lists
• Programming of all PLC and HMI’s on assigned projects
• Participate in Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT), Factory Integration Testing (FIT), and Field / Site Acceptance Testing (SAT) as required
• Coaching of junior /less experienced staff to ensure we are meeting the developmental needs of both the individual and the business
• Flexible approach to work, and ability to prioritize and manage your time effectively
• Strong attention to detail and ability to make correct judgments
• Willingness to travel across the USA
• Engineering degree (bachelors mandatory, masters preferred)
Knowledge & Experience:
• Professional Engineer (PE) qualified in any US state (preferred)
• Minimum five (5) years’ experience
• Proficient in Siemens TIA Portal
• Demonstrable in-depth knowledge and expertise of Siemens’ Simatic S7 PLC’s and Simatic HMI Panels
• Proficient in discipline-specific ANSI / IEEE and NEMA standards
• Understands all interfaces between engineering disciplines involved in the project
• Good communication and interpersonal skills and be able to communicate and report at all levels effectively
Why Siemens Mobility?
We are# 9 On Forbes Great Places to Work List
Health and Wellness: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, HSA, Commuter Benefits – starting Day 1!
Vacation: Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays, Personal / Sick Days, Maternity/Paternity Leave
Financial & Retirement: 401K match Plan, Performance Bonus for Key Roles, Merit Increases, Relocation
Professional Development: Tuition Reimbursement, Promote from Within, Mentor Program, Access to Online Courses, Lunch & Learns
Balance: Flexible Work Hours, Remote Work Opportunities, Diversity & Inclusion Program
We seek to hire top talent and provide them with opportunities to earn top dollar. We offer a phenomenal place to have a career in an innovative environment. If you’re interested in becoming our Senior Network Control Engineer, we’ll provide you with the support and career advancement to make it happen!