ShipMonk’s Sales Development Representative plays a critical role in driving new business to ShipMonk by sourcing & qualifying outbound accounts. They are the first point of contact for all of our clients and we consider them to be ultimate connectors or relationship builders. They leverage social media, email campaigns, and phone calls to help educate our clients about our services.
In other words, our Sales Development Representatives know how to Get Sh*t Done! They are passionate about what they do and love hitting big goals. Up for the challenge? … Keep reading!
- Drive new business by identifying, researching, qualifying, and sourcing new opportunities weekly through outbound efforts
- Be the first point of contact with companies that might not know about our services
- Prospect a prospect pipeline via high volume of outbound cold calls, emails, and social selling.
- Build a report through research and outreach
- Identify client needs through assessing their current fulfillment methods and use discretionary judgment to determine if they are a fit for our business model.
- Educate companies about ShipMonk services and how companies and businesses could utilize them for optimization
- Seek recommendations to management from merchants who do not “fit the box”
- Schedule demos/meetings with potential merchants and Account Executives
- Hit and exceed key performance indicators including the number of calls completed, number of emails sent, number of prospects added, and all other sales activities
- Accurately track merchant interactions and information in our designated tracking system
- Report to designated manager/team leads to strategize how to yield more results on individually as well as department wise
- Consistently hit or exceed monthly and annual quotas
- 1+ years of proven success in a sales environment, preferred but will train the right person with less experience. (Please provide relative experience)
- Flawless communication skills, both written and oral
- Working knowledge of enterprise software or the ability to learn new software quickly
- Have a strong work ethic and are eager to learn/make new connections with prospects
- Demonstrate a high degree of diligence and accountability
- Comfortable in a competitive environment, with evidence of personal ambition
- Relentless persistence in the face of daily rejection and delays from potential merchants
ShipMonk is a leading partner for eCommerce businesses, providing end-to-end Logistics & Fulfillment Services across diverse industries and customers. Founded in 2014, we’re moving fast and changing the way Small and Medium-sized businesses approach the marketplace. ShipMonk enables merchants to focus on building their brand and achieving next-level growth by providing revolutionary multi-channel order fulfillment services and e-commerce management software. Our promise to customers: Stress Less, Grow More.
We are exceptionally proud of our dedicated, brilliant ShipMonkers — the employees who collaborate to provide the first-class service, solve problems, and collaborate to get the job done. We work hard and have fun at work while prioritizing growth, innovation, and diversity as key values.
When we add new positions at ShipMonk, we define the role 80% and look for talented individuals who can join the team, run fast, and co-create the other 20% of their job. We need our team to get engaged from Day 1 to do the work and define the work that will make us successful in the near and long term.
Perks of being a ShipMonker
- Health benefits available after 90 days (medical, dental, vision)
- Unlimited PTO
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Dog-friendly workplace
- Wellness program (onsite gym, weekly yoga classes, healthy snacks)
- Fun work environment (trampoline, ping pong table & games, monthly gathering)
- Referral Bonus Program