About the Job
Our Human Resource Lead plays a critical role in ensuring that our operation is staffed correctly and taking care of our ShipMonkers along the way. This is an entry-level position.
This ‘someone’ is passionate about people, problem solving and payroll! They assist with hiring, orientation, benefits education, and onboarding.
In other words, this ‘someone’ loves wearing many hats and can get sh*t done! They are able to think quick, act fast and always put people first!
*To note, we are seeking candidates that have a flexible schedule!
- Manage applicants in the applicant tracking system, moving qualified candidates through the hiring workflow.
- Send job offers for warehouse associates, ensure the onboarding process is complete.
- Assist with HR related questions within the fulfillment center
- Set up ShipMonk systems and accounts for new hires.
- Assist with New Hire Orientation and approve I-9 documentation.
- Monitor attendance, performance and rate increases for warehouse associates, construct tasks and assign to HR or Payroll teams.
- Coordinate temporary labor orders, ShipMonk accounts, and labor tracking with agencies. Review invoices for accuracy.
- Support HRBP with people matters on site, including data gathering, reporting, and problem solving.
- Complete HR forms for Worker’s Compensation, Leaves of Absence, etc. as required.
- Coordinate Benefits Education and Enrollment for new hires upon eligibility.
- Assist Sr. HR Analyst with data requests and reporting on people matters.
- One to two years of experience in HR Assistant or other entry-level professional roles.
- Strong technology skills, previous experience with an applicant tracking and/or payroll system, preferred.
- Attention to detail, strong bias for action and organizational skills are required.
- Ability to prioritize activities and manage multiple tasks to achieve required outcomes.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
ShipMonk is a leading partner for eCommerce businesses, providing end-to-end Logistics & Fulfillment Services across diverse industries and customers. Founded in 2014, we’re moving fast and changing the way Small and Medium-sized businesses approach the marketplace. ShipMonk enables merchants to focus on building their brand and achieving next-level growth by providing revolutionary multi-channel order fulfillment services and e-commerce management software. Our promise to customers: Stress Less, Grow More.
We are exceptionally proud of our dedicated, brilliant ShipMonkers — the employees who collaborate to provide the first-class service, solve problems, and collaborate to get the job done. We work hard and have fun at work while prioritizing growth, innovation, and diversity as key values.
When we add new positions at ShipMonk, we define the role 80% and look for talented individuals who can join the team, run fast, and co-create the other 20% of their job. We need our team to get engaged from Day 1 to do the work and define the work that will make us successful in the near and long term.
Perks of being a ShipMonker
- Health benefits available after 90 days (medical, dental, vision)
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Referral Bonus Program
ShipMonk is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.