System Support Generalist
Location: Sheetz Corporate – Claysburg, PA
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION:
Provide technical support to internal customers for all IT systems and applications, using the problem resolution system and/or standard scripts, reference guides, and procedures.. The System Support Generalist is responsible for resolving basic issues, including those that have been escalated from other members of the System Support team.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (other duties may be assigned)
- Initial Tier 1 resource for dealing with technical issues and call tickets. May provide escalation assistance to other System Support team members
- Possess basic knowledge of one or more Packaged Solutions, and of the business processes the packages support
- For routine issues, utilize standard scripts, procedures, and documentation to provide quick resolution. For non-routine issues, utilize experience and knowledge to evaluate, test, and implement corrective actions.
- Monitor system performance alerts and notify appropriate IT resources when anomalies are found. Develop SOPs to monitor and handle these issues
- Use tools such as debuggers and SQL editors as part of troubleshooting and issue resolution
- Participate in Implementation / Deployment / Documentation projects as assigned
- Provide evening and weekend “on call/issue” support as needed. Sheetz is open 24/7/365 and as such, our internal and external customers may require support at any time.
- Develop technical support documentation
- Identify technical support trends which require immediate attention
REQUIREMENTS: (Equivalent combinations of education, licenses, certifications and/or experience may be considered. Two years of experience is equivalent to one year of college/trade school))
- A four-year degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Computer Engineering; or a four year degree in another field of study which includes courses in computer programming, systems analysis, system development, or systems engineering is preferred.
- No experience required