Reports to: Executive Director
Classification: Full-time, Exempt
Start Date: May 1, 2021
Salary: $52,000 – $61,000
Benefits: Full health/ dental/ vision coverage, PTO (vacation + sick days), optional company phone plan, optional non-matched 401(k) plan, work-from-home days, professional development opportunities
Seraphic Fire, South Florida’s GRAMMY®-nominated professional vocal ensemble, is seeking an analytical and sophisticated individual interested in working behind the scenes with one of Miami’s top performing arts institutions. This position is responsible for the integrity of financial management and reporting as well as office and administrative functions. The organization, with an operating budget of $1.8 million and a recently completed 5-year strategic plan, is looking for a thorough and meticulous individual to strengthen and grow Seraphic Fire’s operating health. This is a professional-level position suited to someone with 2-5 years of experience in nonprofit arts administration.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversees the preparation of the annual operating budget in collaboration with the Executive Director and Board of Director’s Finance Committee.
- Serves as staff liaison to the Finance Committee.
- Delivers monthly reports on the company’s financial position and activities.
- Executes duties associated with the company’s financial processes in keeping with best practices in nonprofit accounting and all relevant GAAP standards to include: manages accounts payable and receivable; closes and opens books at the beginning and end of accounting periods; reconciles expenditures and revenues, in collaboration with other departments; prepares bank deposits, pays monthly bills, executes bank reconciliations.
- Maintains office services and procedures by designing filing systems, reviewing and approving supply and service requisitions and acquisitions, maintaining office supply inventory, and coordinating with IT providers.
- Manages relationships with vendors, service providers, and landlords, ensuring that all items are invoiced and paid on time. Manages contract and price negotiations with office vendors, service providers, and office and venue leases.
- Manages human resources procedures to include: new employee onboarding processes; administration of payroll and benefits through third-party providers and brokers.
- Oversees insurance policies, including general liability, D&O, worker’s comp, and life.
- Executes all aspects of grant financial management, including preparation of grant budgets, processing of grant receivables, and tracking/ analyzing grant expenditures.
- Coordinates the annual external audit and tax return.
The ideal applicant will be an energetic professional who enjoys wearing multiple hats and controlling confidential information. Experience in handling myriad administrative and accounting related tasks and able to work independently with little or no supervision. Well organized, flexible, and enjoys the administrative challenges of supporting an organization of diverse people. Strong facility with standard computer software (e.g. Microsoft Excel) is a must, with knowledge of accounting and CRM software required (QuickBooks and Salesforce preferred). Ability to work calmly under pressure, and knowledge of and appreciation for the choral art form will be seen as an asset. This position has evening and weekend hours.
To be considered for this position, please email the following to email@example.com:
- A cover letter describing your interest in the position, what you will bring to the organization, and why you are the ideal candidate
- A resume outlining your educational and professional experience
- Three professional references
Deadline: Applications will be reviewed as they are received
Seraphic Fire is an equal opportunity employer and ensures that employment, training, compensation, conditions, and privileges of employment are provided without discrimination with regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, citizenship, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, and any other factor protected under Federal, State, or Local Law.
Seraphic Fire seeks, celebrates, and nurtures diversity among its employees and volunteers. It is the policy of Seraphic Fire to treat every employee, regardless of position, with respect and in a fair and just manner. In addition, we are committed to providing and maintaining an environment free from discrimination and discriminatory practices.