We’re a people-focused business. And we pride ourselves on the promise to deliver efficient and effective services to our customers. At Sentry, we believe people are our competitive advantage. We strive to attract, train and motivate our employees to keep Sentry as a market leader in our industry. You could be the next key player to support our Commercial Liability area.
We are seeking an individual with technical knowledge of insurance policies and coverage, including thorough knowledge of claim handling, to join our team as a Claims Manager for our Commercial Liability department. As the Claims Manager, you’ll supervise and motivate your team to provide quality file handling and settlement with superior customer service.
This position will be located in Stevens Point, WI.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
As a Claims Manager on our Commercial Liability team, you’ll provide technical claims expertise and work direction to a claim unity to help Sentry maintain its claim standards and ensure a high level of customer service is provided to our policyholders and claimants. In addition, you’ll:
- Work closely with your staff to communicate work direction, monitor service, and discuss new coverage or laws
- Prioritize workloads and conduct file quality audits to ensure prompt and accurate file handling
- Supervise and motivate your claim unit to provide quality file handling and settlement with superior customer service
- Implement improvement programs where needed and recognize staff that provide exceptional customer service
- Provide guidance and direction on claim files as the technical expert in the claims unit
- Review new claims not automatically assigned by the claims system and assign them to claims representatives for investigation, evaluation, and settlement
- Provide settlement authorization for claims exceeding the authorization of the staff
- Monitor claim progression including trial activity and participate in file review sessions
- Administer human resource-related activities, including performance reviews and ensuring all associates adhere to human resources policies and practices
- Assist with budget preparation and operating within that budget
WHAT IT TAKES
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- 7+ years of related work experience in Auto Liability, General Liability, Product Liability, Bodily Injury, and Litigation
- Previous experience in claim handling, including investigations and settlements
- Analytical ability to make appropriate decisions
- Managerial/supervisory experience and/or training beneficial
- Strong human relations and communications skills
- Ability to obtain and maintain required licenses and certifications
WHAT YOU’LL RECEIVE
We take great pride in making Forbes’ list of America’s Best Midsize Employers since 2017. A lot of different factors go into that honor, many of which contribute to your job satisfaction. At Sentry, your total rewards go beyond competitive compensation. Below are some benefits and perks that you’ll receive.
- Generous Paid-Time Off plan for you to enjoy time out of the office.
- 401(K) plan with a dollar for dollar match on your first eight percent, plus immediate vesting to help strengthen your financial future.
- Group Medical, Dental, Vision and Life insurance to encourage a healthy lifestyle.
- Pretax Dependent Care and Health Expense Reimbursement Accounts to ease taxes on health spending.
- Extensive Work-Life Resources to lend a helping hand.
- Sentry Foundation gift matching program to encourage charitable giving.
- Continue your education and career development through Sentry University (SentryU).
HOW YOU’LL APPLY
If you are interested in joining Sentry’s team, select the one position that you are most interested in being considered for and complete your online application details. If you have applied with us before, you will only need to provide your email address and password. If this is your first time applying, you’ll need to create an account. Please complete your application and upload your resume online.
All of us at Sentry—more than 4,000 associates—have various talents, skills, and backgrounds. We work together to deliver on our promises to our policyholders every day. We’re proud to offer a full line of property, casualty, and life insurance products to help protect businesses, cars, homes, lives, and retirement income.
Our headquarters is in Stevens Point, Wisconsin, with claims and service offices located throughout the United States. From sales to claims, and information technology to marketing, we enjoy a rewarding and challenging work environment with opportunities for ongoing professional development and growth.
Our bright future is built on a long track record of success. We got our start in 1904 and have been helping businesses succeed and protect their futures ever since. Because of the trust placed in us, we’re one of the largest and financially strongest mutual insurance companies in the United States. We’re rated A+ by A.M. Best, the industry’s leading rating authority.
Get ready to own your future at Sentry. Opportunities await.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
It is our policy that there be no discrimination in employment based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, marital status, or sexual orientation.
TALENT ACQUISITION SPECIALIST
Thank you for your interest in Sentry!