Bilingual Family Support Counselors work to ensure that that clients placed in Seneca’s foster care programs are successful in their placements by providing mental health support, skill building, crisis intervention, and case management services. The primary responsibilities are to act as behavioral coach and mentor to clients referred into the program and in need of additional support.
Seneca is always looking for ways to actively empower and uplift traditionally marginalized communities. We are honored to lead a nationwide effort, Todo Por Mi Familia, a campaign to find and connect families who sought asylum in the United States to mental health services. Seneca’s agency-wide DEI Advisory Board, Employee Resource Groups, and Language Practice Groups help our employees provide culturally and linguistically relevant services to the families we serve.
- Provide mental health interventions, skill building, crisis intervention, and case management services to ensure the successful placement of clients in foster care homes.
- Support resource parents in the implantation of client treatment goals and guide them in assisting client’s in their acquisition of new skills and behavioral responses.
- Provide on-call coverage to the clients and their families.
- Participate in all treatment reviews, program staff meetings, and Individualized Educational Plan (IEP) meetings when necessary.
- Complete mental health notes and other paperwork, and complete service tracking documentation as indicated
- Assist with planning arrangements and transportation for school, therapy appointments, and court hearings.
- Participate in weekly supervision with the program supervisor or designee.
- Maintain professional behavior at all times, appropriately representing Seneca’s mission and philosophy.
- Maintain accurate documentation and paperwork including, but not limited to, time sheets, petty cash, and mileage.
- Collaborate as part of multidisciplinary team.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) abilities required
- Prefer at least 1 year experience in working with youth
- Own a vehicle, California driver’s license and insurance
- TB test clearance, fingerprinting clearance, and any other State/Federal licensing or certification requirements
- Ability to work as a team player
- Ability to work with a diverse population
- Full time
- Flexible schedule with ability to work evenings and weekends as needed
- Starting at $18.00 per hour.
- 10% salary increase upon passing Spanish language proficiency exam.
- Annual performance evaluations provide the potential for a generous salary increase each year.
- Comprehensive employee benefits package, including medical, dental, vision and chiropractic coverage, as well as partially paid premiums for dependents.
- Employer-paid Employee Assistance Plan (EAP).
- 4 weeks of flexible paid time off and 11 paid holidays.
- We provide a 403b retirement plan.
- Scholarship opportunities, ongoing training, and professional development opportunities.
Please apply directly through our website by clicking here!