Schreiber Foods is seeking PLC Programmer at our Green Bay plant that will perform electrical development of the manufacturing facility, including packaging, processing, warehouse, waste water treatment, plant support equipment and buildings and grounds. The PLC Programmer is responsible for supporting the plant maintenance technicians. In addition, this role supports design and implementation of plant projects. This position works with Leaders and partners to ensure Food Safety and Partner Safety.
- Inspects and ensures that plant meets regulatory electrical standards.
- Assists maintenance technicians with troubleshooting and repair of the plant’s electronic equipment and instrumentation.
- Provides guidance to maintenance technicians on troubleshooting electronic equipment and instrumentation.
- Documents and updates all hardware settings and software programs for plant control equipment. Ensure wiring schematics are current.
- Develop electrical and electronic training programs for the maintenance department.
- Develops program changes and additions to PLC systems and operator controls as needed.
- Assists new project electrical installations.
- Stays current with new electrical control technology.
- Together with other members of the leadership team, ensures compliance with Food Safety and Food Quality Plans in addition to customer requirements. Interprets and communicates customer requirements to plant production and/or support department teams. Establishes and Audits PCPs, CCPs and Standard Operating Procedures to define and monitor processes to ensure customer requirements are met. Reviews incidents during which the procedures are not met, and determines appropriate corrective action for partners failing to follow standard procedures.
- High school degree or GED required. Associated degree preferred.
- 4+ years of experience in repair and troubleshooting electronics
- Ability to handle complexity and changing priorities
- This position primarily works day shift for 6 weeks, then working 3rd shift, (9pm-5am) every 6th week. This position requires 40 hours a week, including occasional weekend work. Additional overtime may be required.
- Demonstrate basic mechanical, electrical and process aptitude
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
Qualifying positions offer:
- A 401(k) plan that includes up to an 6 percent Schreiber match and has been recognized as Best-in-Class for companies with 5,000-plus employees.
- Competitive medical, prescription drug, dental and vision benefits without a waiting period, including second-opinion medical consultation with specialists
- Wellness resources, including a fitness reimbursement program and access to an interactive personalized online wellness program
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Professional growth and development opportunities through training and our Education Assistance Program