As a Maintenance Team Advisor you will develop, justify, and implement cost savings, renovation and safety projects for the manufacturing facility; lead the operation of the plant energy systems group, production mechanic group, electrical/electronics group, and facilities maintenance group; administer the preventive maintenance program, emergency repair of production equipment and support facilities and production equipment change overs.
What you’ll do:
- Monitor repair history and downtime records and administers the Preventive Maintenance program.
- Contribute to the development of methods and equipment to improve productivity, capabilities; solve operating problems.
- Coordinate projects and routine efforts with various plant departments.
- Define required resources needed and establish action plans to assure controls are built into schedules that adequately measure project progress and monitor adherence to time, cost, and project parameters.
- Prepare data and calculations for expenditure estimates.
- Prepare and administer the labor budget and repairs and supplies budget for:
- Energy systems, electrical and facilities maintenance, and administer utilities budget.
- Make recommendations for equipment placement of modifications.
- Coordinate installation of all new equipment and renovation of existing equipment, facilities and grounds.
- Coordinate training and development programs including safety programs for high skill level groups; monitor developmental progress of partners and develop plans for improving performance.
- Coordinate process development and engineering design with Corporate Engineering.
- Participate in systems analysis, automation feasibility and justification studies.
- Produce working drawings of equipment and floor plans.
- Investigate new technology in production methods and recommend application for Schreiber Foods.
- Develop and administer energy conservation programs to best utilize resources while minimizing costs.
- Together with the leadership team, ensures compliance with Food Safety and Food Quality Plans, in addition to customer requirements. Interprets and communicates customer requirements to plant production and/or support groups. Establishes and Audits PCPs, CCPs and Standard Operating Procedures to define and monitor processes, to ensure customer requirements are met. Reviews incidents during which the procedures are not met, and determines appropriate corrective action for partners failing to follow standard procedures.
What you need to succeed:
- Bachelors in Food/Dairy, Science, Engineering, Finance, Supply Chain or related field preferred, Associate’s degree in a technical field will be considered
- 3 years of experience in Industrial work
- General computer skills; mechanical aptitude; interpersonal skills to work from a supplier oriented function
- Ability to travel up to 5%
- This position is 6pm – 6am. Working 3 days one week and 4 the next.
Qualifying positions offer:
- A 401(k) plan that includes up to an 8 percent Schreiber match and has been recognized as Best-in-Class for companies with 5,000-plus employees.
- A unique Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- An opportunity to share in the company’s success through our pay-for-performance incentive plan.
- Competitive medical, prescription drug, dental and vision benefits without a waiting period, including second-opinion medical consultation with specialists
- Wellness resources, including a fitness reimbursement program and access to an interactive personalized online wellness program
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Relocation assistance
- Professional growth and development opportunities through training and our Education Assistance Program