Schneider Electric has an opportunity for an Electrical Design Engineer in our Oxford, OH location. You will be primarily accountable for order design based on customer plans, customer specifications, and local, state, and federal codes governing the product.
Schneider Electric creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 135,000+ employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
What do you get to do in this position?
- Interpret of customer specifications, drawings, and power system requirements
- Issue concise instructions via engineering systems to electrical/mechanical design and materials
- Develop electrical and mechanical bill of material, elevation views, layout views, control schematics, network diagrams, and elementary drawings for customer specified equipment
- Work with complex design of wiring schematics.
- Ability to interact with field sales force and plant manufacturing personnel
- Partner with engineers to understand and collaborate on design and application
- Explore shop floor implementation and knowledge sharing to create solutions
We know skills and competencies show up in many different ways and can be based on your life experience. If you do not necessarily meet all the requirements that are listed, we still encourage you to apply for the position.
This job might be for you if:
- Possess Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Have apt interpersonal and customer relation skills
- Proficiency in professional and engineering PC applications
- Are self-motivated
- Experienced in problem resolution
- Possess the ability to design and model parts and assemblies given basic conceptual information
- Are effectively able to utilize time to maintain order schedules
- Have a strong initiative to learn and grow in a fast-paced environment
- Experienced in working in a manufacturing environment
- Have knowledge of applicable design, installation, and use
- Possess understanding of local, state, and federal codes governing installation and use
Schneider Electric offers a robust benefits package to support our employees such as flexible work arrangements, paid family leave, 401(k)+ match, and more. Click here to find out more about working with us: http://se.com/us/careers
We seek out and reward people for putting the customer first, being disruptive to the status quo, embracing different perspectives, continuously learning, and acting like owners. We’re recognized around the world for welcoming people as they are. We create an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric.
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.