We are actively looking for a support engineer to join our team where you will be involved in responding to customer requests for support, interacting with developers to identify bugs and communicate results back to the customer, performing end-user testing on our software, demonstrating simulation scenarios and engaging with the customer on technical matters during sales presentations.
This position is for a full-time employee located in Huntsville, Alabama, Los Angeles, CA or as an entirely remote position.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Personnel shall assist with support tickets: Tracking tickets using Zendesk application.
- Troubleshoot and resolve Level 1 technical support issues, such as user accounts/access, upload software, basic license issues.
- Document and communicate issues, risks, and concerns to stakeholders, developers and sponsors
- Demonstrate our software network simulation products during customer presentations
- Test network scenarios that integrate and interoperate EXata-based software virtual networks (SVN) with real hardware (VoIP phones, routers, and other customer equipment)
- 0-25% travel may be required for this position
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related technical field
- Strong communication skills with the ability to write clear and concise documentation.
- Entry level experience with networking, including basic understanding of switches, routers.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Products
- Some familiarity with SQL and scripting languages (e.g., Python 3, PowerShell or Bash) desired
- Some familiarity with Linux and virtual environments desired
- Good foundational knowledge of technology and a logical thought process to resolve technical issues.
- Ability to quickly learn and adapt to new technologies.
- Comfortable with Work from Home (WFH)
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated attention to detail.
We offer an outstanding benefits plan, including flexible work hours, health insurance, retirement plan, and a positive, energetic work environment. If you have the qualifications and interest, please send your resume and cover letter now. Scalable Networks is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity.