The Specialist, Email & SMS Marketing is an important part of the agency’s fundraising and advocacy strategy driving Save the Children’s work to support children in the US and overseas. You will support the Associate Director, Digital Marketing with development, strategy and execution of the email and SMS/MMS marketing programs. Your focus will be growing the program which currently generates $3M+ in annual revenue, as well as better integrating advocacy and other engagement opportunities for our donors and supporters. You will work with internal stakeholders to ensure supporters are being cultivated and stewarded to their highest levels of giving and that all channels are being maximized. Integration, collaboration, a keen eye for detail and an ability to manage a busy and fast-paced production schedule are critical to the success of this position.
What You’ll Be Doing (Essential Duties)
Campaign management (50%):
- Oversee execution of email and SMS/MMS campaigns, which include campaigns to support our overall mission, sponsorship, emergency fundraising, and other agency initiatives.
- Support the development of campaign-level and overall segmentation strategies.
- Responsible for the following retention and welcome email engagement streams: one-time donor, recurring donor, sponsorship and mid-level giving
- Manage relationships with external email and SMS/MMS partners
- Act as main liaison with internal stakeholders; gather goals and objectives of all campaigns and provide notifications of campaign status, as well as results and recommendations
- Ownership of review board process by acting as lead contact and subject matter expert for email approvals
- Work with development and integration teams to ensure data capture, integrity, and provide best practices to digital advertising and production teams
- Lead fundraising campaign meetings including campaign kick-off, creative strategy and campaign status
Program analysis & evaluation (30%):
- Review vendor reports and develop ad hoc reports to benchmark and measure effectiveness of email marketing program
- Monitor key performance indicators (revenue, expense, and specific email metrics) to ensure tracking according to plan
- Responsible for individual email campaign performance results and analysis
- Identify donor, subscriber, and engagement trends utilizing data extracted from ESP and Save the Children’s CRM database
- Report monthly and yearly budget updates to key stakeholders
- Oversee payment processing of all invoices, including coding and submission to accounts payable; act as main point of contact for invoice processing matters
- Work with internal stakeholders to monitor and track spending; acquire statement of work agreements on behalf of internal stakeholders for new email project requests, when necessary
Strategy & planning support (20%):
- Utilize specialized knowledge of email and SMS/MMS marketing to manage complex tasks, programs and projects
- Identify and pursue opportunities to optimize email channel and elicit subscriber base and revenue growth to meet program plan
- Provide support in the following areas: Working and steering groups, managing project timelines, schedule and resources, develop and monitor KPIs
- Identify new revenue sources through email innovation and manage existing relationships
- High school diploma plus at least three years of relevant experience
- Demonstrated understanding of the web, online marketing, and e-mail marketing best practices.
- Proven ability to communicate and collaborate successfully with individuals and teams at all levels
- Professional proficiency in spoken and written English
- Professional proficiency in MS Office suite
- Demonstrated ability to perform quality control and proofreading tasks
- Demonstrated ability to manage through multiple priorities with competing deadlines, taking initiative to anticipate and resolve challenges
- Proven successful organizational and multitasking abilities.
- Demonstrated commitment to fostering an environment of diversity, inclusion, and belonging
- Nonprofit, political campaign or agency experience preferred
- Experience with email marketing platforms (CheetahMail preferred)
- Experience with SMS/MMS marketing platforms (Upland Mobile Messaging preferred)
- Copywriting experience
Why you should join the Save the Children Team…
Save the Children US offers outstanding benefits that include health, dental, vision and life insurances, pet insurance, short-term and long-term disability coverage, an Employee Assistance Program, 403(b), generous vacation, personal sick leave, family leave, parental/adoption leave, commuter benefits, dress for your day, and much more.
Click here to learn more about how Save the Children US will invest in YOU!
About Save the Children
Save the Children believes every child deserves a future. In the United States and around the world, we give children a healthy start in life, the opportunity to learn and protection from harm. We do whatever it takes for children – every day and in times of crisis – transforming their lives and the future we share.
Our work for children and their families requires that we commit—at every opportunity—to work together to identify and dismantle persistent systemic and structural racism, inequality, and any other forms of discrimination in this country and beyond. As an anti-racist organization, Save the Children will not tolerate discrimination in any form—in our employment practices, amongst our staff, in our leadership or toward the people we serve. We stand in solidarity with all people to fight for equal rights, justice, inclusion, and belonging.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, ancestry, sexual orientation, national origin, age, handicap, disability, marital status, or status as a veteran. Save the Children complies with all applicable laws.
Save the Children is committed to conducting its programs and operations in a manner that is safe for the children it serves and helping protect the children with whom we are in contact. All Save the Children representatives are explicitly prohibited from engaging in any activity that may result in any kind of child abuse. In addition, it is Save the Children’s policy to create and proactively maintain an environment that aims to prevent and deter any actions and omissions, whether deliberate or inadvertent, that place children at the risk of any kind of child abuse. All our representatives are expected to conduct themselves in a manner consistent with this commitment and obligation.
Save the Children is committed to minimizing safety and security risks for our valued employees, ensuring all are given training, support and information to reduce their risk exposure while maximizing the impact of our programs for children and families. Our shared duty, both agency and individual, is to seek and maintain safe working conditions for all.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)