This posting will be open for application submissions for a minimum of seven (7) calendar days, including the ‘posting date’. Sandia reserves the right to extend the posting date at any time.
What Your Job Will Be Like
We are seeking a R&D Systems Engineering candidate to join our team to support subsystem environmental test and qualification efforts on the Secure Transportation Program. The successful candidate will engage in planning and execution of functional and environmental testing for electronic module development hardware.
On any given day, you may be called on to:
- Work in an exciting, dynamic and fast-paced environment where you can make a visible impact on the national security posture of the United States
- Embed with multiple electronics design teams and lead the planning/execution of module-level environmental test activities for normal, abnormal and hostile environments, including functional, thermal, mechanical, EMI/EMR, humidity, etc
- Work with environmental test facilities to coordinate and execute environmental testing, with the Testers team for functional testing
- Analyze test results to ensure pass/fail criteria are met and coordinate any anomaly resolutions
- Support subsystem system-level/subsystem-level qualification plan development and execution, test plan/procedure generation and execution, and test report preparation and release.
- Generate and document qualification artifacts in support of module-level qualification conclusions and assertions
- Occasional travel required for this position.
Qualifications We Require
- Master’s degree in Engineering or relevant STEM field plus 4 years’ experience; OR equivalent combination of education and experience (BS plus 8 years; AS plus 12 years; No degree plus 16 years)
- Two years’ experience in a test engineer or qualification engineer role for a product development effort, including functional and/or environmental test development and test execution
- Ability to obtain a DOE Q clearance
Qualifications We Desire
- Active DOE Q clearance
- Experience in dynamic test environments (e.g. modifying and executing alternative test plans in a timely manner as project conditions change)
- Experience with test fixturing for environmental testing
- Experience with verification strategy/mapping, instrumentation definition, and assessment of performance relative to defined objectives/requirements.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments with a keen focus on customer service and excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in applying system engineering principles and tools.
- Experience writing and executing test plans and reports while coordinating with domain specialists for input
- Possess a strong dedication to a teaming dynamic and the ability take broad direction and carry out technical activities with minimal supervision
About Our Team
We are engaged in a focused assembly, integration, test, analysis, and overall qualification effort for the Secure Transportation Program, the next generation over-the-road secure transportation platform. The department’s efforts help ensure the security of our nation’s critical strategic assets during transportation. We develop and implement qualification solutions for the Secure Transportation Programs at the System level, and support subsystem qualification and system verification efforts. We are responsible for system-level development test article build and test activities, and we engage in forward-planning in preparation for the transition of build activities to the Production Agency. Our partners for analysis/test/qualification activities include multiple departments in Sandia National Laboratories organizations.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work with amazing impact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations, strong medical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Sandia is required by DOE to conduct a pre-employment drug test and background review that includes checks of personal references, credit, law enforcement records, and employment/education verifications. Applicants for employment need to be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold more than one citizenship (i.e., of the U.S. and another country), your ability to obtain a security clearance may be impacted.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by DOE, resulting in the inability to perform the duties assigned and subsequent termination of employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status and any other protected class under state or federal law.
Apply for Job