The San Diego Airport Authority is proud of its team members, has a high-performing culture and we challenge ourselves through innovations…we work fast, value each other, and have fun along the way.
We have an opportunity for a Facilities Commissioning Coordinator in the Facilities Management Department. The successful individual will work with cross-functional teams across the organization to improve the management, operations, maintenance, and efficiency of utility and building systems to achieve strategic energy and asset management objectives.
The selected candidate will have responsibilities for the following:
- Oversees the operation, maintenance, and performance of airport mechanical and electrical systems such as the 12kV electrical system, solar PV system (5.5 MW), battery energy storage system (4 MW-hr), central plant chilled water and heating hot water systems, campus HVAC systems, stormwater collection and reuse systems, and vertical transportation, spearheads efforts to retro-commission these systems; assists with and improves the technical training of FMD personnel;
- Is a subject matter expert on and utilizes the Siemens building automation system (BAS), Skyspark energy dashboard, and Electrical SCADA system to run reports and analyze metrics; measures and reports on system performance and identifies opportunities to improve efficiency and save energy and water;
- Works directly with the Energy Manager and others to identify, develop, manage, document, and report on energy and water projects; assists with the management of utilities, electric sub-metering, and the associated metrics;
- Partners with the development department and participates in major capital projects, including the multi-billion dollar replacement of airport Terminal 1, new Administration Building, new 1.5 million gallon stormwater cistern, and Terminal 2 East Electrical Modernization;
- Reviews design documents and construction submittals, and coordinates review from staff to ensure airport standards and energy and water efficiency goals are met; coordinates FMD support to design and construction activities;
- Ensures successful commissioning and turnover of new systems, O&M documents, warranties, and train others; works with others to integrate new systems into the maintenance programs;
- Manages large maintenance contracts as assigned; performs maintenance quality assurance checks on equipment in the field and documents; captures pertinent data to inform decisions and makes recommendations for capital renewal strategies; performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical or electrical engineering, business, or related field;
- Four years of commercial construction of which three years included commissioning experience;
- Or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Engineer in training (EIT) preferred;
- Certifications/Credentials in Energy Management, Commissioning, Facilities Management, LEED, Project Management, and other related technical fields is a plus;
- Passion for learning and applying skills in the fields of engineering, energy systems, data analytics, and business management;
- Knowledge of building automation, controls, and/or utility SCADA systems is a plus;
- Interpersonal skills to share ideas and information with the team and stakeholders; attentive and active listening and expresses ideas clearly and concisely in writing;
- Use of data to predict and address hidden problems; able to solve complex problems and easily anticipate future scenarios to address issues and solutions and respond accordingly;
- Innovative skills to develop and/or support the introduction of new and improved methods, technologies and cost savings, and sustainable approach to solutions;
- Flexibility to champion change as an opportunity for learning and growth and help others to deal with uncertainty;
- Skills to align annual learning and career development with long‐term career goals and support others to do the same;
- Proactively identify needs for development and seeks out formal and on the job learning or career development opportunities;
- Team focus to involve and support team members and share recognition for work outcome; willingly shares expertise and information with team members;
- Proficiency in using computer applications as a tool for data analysis, word processing and presenting, MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
Depending on experience, the starting reward is between $62,450 up to $80,000.