About the job
RHI Magnesita is seeking a dynamic Research Engineer, in York, PA. Research Engineers apply their expertise and knowledge to technical projects, finding innovative, cost-effective means to improve research, techniques, procedures, and/or products and technologies. Responsibilities include developing, conducting, and evaluating new approaches to meet project objectives faster and more efficiently. Additionally, the collaboration with the team members in other regions is essential to ensure the success on driving projects towards the company strategy. The key research topics will be magnesia-based refractory monolithics, refractory recycling usage and raw materials development.
The Research Engineer’s tasks will include:
- Developing new refractory products / solutions from laboratory scale to industrial implementation
- Identifying opportunities for technology developments throughout customer visits, interdepartmental discussions, and literature search
- Setting-up, management and analysis of lab and field trials
- Lab scale study on basic research / innovation projects
- Coordination of plant trials with Operations and Quality
- Supervision of raw materials trials
- Coordination of field trials with Technical Excellence and Sales
- Supporting Operations
- Overseeing the daily workload and scheduling of Research Technician / Technologist
- Postmortem investigation
- Competitor’s product investigation
- Autonomy to make technical decisions and pivot on the project development.
You are passionate about innovation, developing new technologies and working with raw materials and basic mixes. You love to have active part on lab and field trials, always looking for technical knowledge and ideas from many different sources. You are a team player keen to self-develop working in collaboration with colleagues from different departments and regions. You have a great perception for details but still see them in a larger context. You are keen to be actively involved in shaping the future of RHI Magnesita.
In Addition, do you have:
- Bachelor of Science degree required
- 1-3 years of experience in Ceramics / Materials / Solid Chemistry preferred
- SAP experience preferred
- Preferred discipline in Materials Science, metallurgy, or mining engineer
- Master’s in science or PhD preferred
- Computer literacy: Advance skills in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, database creation/Management, ERP systems
- Excellent oral and written communication
- This position requires that the person be a highly organized, self-motivated individual who can work independently or as part of a group
What we bring to the table
As a much-valued employer:
- We offer you a varied and challenging role within the world market leader that is driving positive change
- We give you the opportunity to take part in shaping the future of the industry leader in innovative technology
- Amazing benefits
About RHI Magnesita
RHI Magnesita is the result of the combination of RHI and Magnesita to form the global leading supplier of high-grade refractory products, systems and services. With more than 14,000 employees across more than 40 countries and 3.1 billion in revenues we are the driving force of the refractory industry. Do you want to know more? Check out www.rhimagnesita.com
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.