RHI Magnesita is seeking a Lean Professional in York, PA. The Lean Professional supports continual optimization projects and manufacturing processes to maintain high quality and efficient production. The ideal candidate for this position will have a deep understanding of Six Sigma and Lean methodologies. The Lean Professional will have the ability to utilize various analytical tools and reports to uncover problematic root causes. Has the personality of a “change agent” with the ability to effectively persuade resistances to change. Works cross-functionally with other members of the engineering team and manufacturing departments to aid in the manufacturing process.
Responsibilities and Expectations
- Consider safety as a top priority with participation in preventative safety actions including system entries, audits and risk assessments.
- Be a technical point of contact with an expert knowledge of mixing, casting, and packaging equipment. Also, have an understanding of the recipes behind the entire portfolio of ancillary plant production.
- Utilize Lean/Six Sigma tools to improve department OEE and product quality including 5S, Value Stream Mapping, Time Studies, Capability Studies, SMED, CEDAC, PDCA, etc. Effectively lead cross-functional Kaizen teams for fast-paced change implementation.
- Write technical reports and present experiment/project results to upper management.
- Perform routine process audits to ensure newly implemented standards are being maintained and adhered to.
- Run routine process reports to uncover potential problematic root causes influencing production efficiency and/or quality. Implement follow-up corrective actions with specific focus on improving Specialties & EC Plants OEE. Perform experimental trials for new improvement ideas following ISO 9001 standards.
- Have the ability to interact with our PI System Data Historian to query data, develop reports, request data-triggered email notifications, etc.
- Interact with an ERP system (SAP) to enter maintenance work orders, enter purchase requisitions, view inventory levels, manage capital projects, and run reports.
- Effectively lead reoccurring meetings to communicate Specialties and EC Plant OEE results and maintain accountability on the corrective action plan.
- Interact cross-functionally with the entire local (and relevant global) departments including Global Process Technology, Procurement, Engineering, Operations, Maintenance, R&D, and Quality Control. Have “influence without authority” to institute change throughout the plant.
- Act as the plant leader of Lean Daily Management to engage the entire workforce in a continuous improvement mindset.
- Become knowledgeable in financial aspects of the plant P&L to effectively track improvement results and confirm project savings.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required; preferably in Engineering, Supply Chain Management or Business Administration
- 1-6 years of relevant lean manufacturing work in an industrial field is required
- High proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Familiarity with database entry, report creation and running, etc. RHI Magnesita uses SAP
Have you heard of RHI Magnesita?
RHI Magnesita is the global leader in refractory products. Refractory products are used in all the world’s high-temperature industrial processes. Without them, the steel, cement, lime, non-ferrous metals, glass, energy, environment and chemical industries couldn’t exist. We have the largest number of locations around the world and the most innovative, reliable products and services. Learn more about us at: https://www.rhimagnesita.com/about/
Why work for RHI Magnesita?
- We offer a multicultural, passionate and open working environment
- Attractive international career opportunities
- Learning and development at all career levels
At RHI Magnesita we act customer-focused and benefit our clients by demonstrating our technical innovation and expertise. Our decisions are made openly within a respectful environment. We empower our people to succeed and through global and cross functional collaboration they drive our innovation and growth. Ultimately, we are performance driven in every action we take.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.