About the job
RHI Magnesita is seeking a dynamic Industrial Procurement in York, PA. Our Buyer, manages, negotiates, creates contracts and coordinates the purchase of all other goods and services (that does not include raw materials and resale products). These goods and services include but are not limited to MRO (Maintenance, Repair and Operating Supplies), Third Party Services for multiple locations in the USA and Canada. This person’s ability to effectively collaborate with multiple facets is vital to the alignment of the overall organization.
The Industrial Procurement’s tasks will include:
- Securing supplies used in the production and services sites of RHI Magnesita, such as MRO, Services, Investments, etc.
- Coordinating with the Logistic group, negotiate and organize transport of those goods and services to obtain the best value for the company in terms of total cost of ownership while respecting local and regional regulations
- Evaluating supplier performance for example delivery performance, monitoring quality of goods or services, service level, etc. in order to add value to the procurement process
- Integrating advance purchasing technology platforms into daily procurement environment
- Thorough understanding of Supply Chain Management operational concepts surrounding production planning, inventory control, purchasing, logistics, stockroom operations, and shipping/receiving
- Ability to analyze, identify and implement improvement opportunities that have a measurable dollar impact each year by applying best practices, promoting benchmarking, etc.
- Estimate and establish cost parameters and budgets for purchases
- Align with key stakeholders to examine and review products and supplies to ensure quality
- Organize and update database of suppliers, delivery times, invoices, and quantity of supplies
Do you have:
- Associates degree in Supply Chain, Business Administration or related areas required or equivalent years of experience in procurement and strategic sourcing 3 years industrial procurement experience
- CPM, CPSM or other related Procurement Certification is a plus
- Advance skills in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, database creation/Management, ERP systems, SAP experience preferred
- Strong background in creating and negotiating contracts
- Experience or knowledge in one or more of the areas; heavy industry, mining, MRO transportation / logistics
- This position requires that the person be a highly organized, self-motivated individual who can work independently or as part of a group
- Accurate and precise attention to detail
- Able to make decisions in a fast-paced environment
What we bring to the table
As a much-valued employer:
- We offer you a varied and challenging role within the world market leader that is driving positive change
- We give you the opportunity to take part in shaping the future of the industry leader in innovative technology
- Amazing benefits
About RHI Magnesita
RHI Magnesita is the result of the combination of RHI and Magnesita to form the global leading supplier of high-grade refractory products, systems and services. With more than 14,000 employees across more than 40 countries and 3.1 billion in revenues we are the driving force of the refractory industry. Do you want to know more? Check out www.rhimagnesita.com
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.