Revenue Management Solutions (RMS) is looking to recruit a Jr. Data Scientist to join our growing analytics team.
This entry-level position requires experience working with predictive algorithms, regression analysis, as well as unsupervised algorithms. The ideal applicant should be proficient in Python and/or R, as well as some possess some experience working with relational databases. An applicant should be task-oriented, self-motivated and able to work both independently and as a member of our team.
If you are passionate about data and want to be a part of our fast-paced and growing team, we’d like to meet you.
- Gather and document product requirements and project milestones from internal and external clients/users
- Use SQL to extract, gather and transform data from various databases to create datasets.
- Perform exploratory data analysis and anomaly detection.
- Use various data and text-mining techniques.
- Development and test internal analytical solutions.
- Train associates on new analytical approaches.
- Generate visualizations to communicate model results to a variety of audiences.
- Effectively and concisely articulate findings.
- Communication of the underlying intuition of machine learning algorithms, both supervised and unsupervised.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor of Science in Economics, Statistics, Computer Science, Math, Physics or Information Systems required. Masters beneficial and preferred
- Work experience working with data considered an asset.
- Experience working with relational databases.
- Experience working in retail or a restaurant required (please list any position held in these industries on your resume).
- Must be able to code in R and/or Python, preferably Python.
- Demonstrate an ability to code in ETL languages.
- An ideal applicant should possess strong interpersonal and communication skills both verbal and written.
- Self-educator with a desire to advance analytical ability and other relevant skills.