Rakuten Americas’ 20+ businesses span e-commerce, digital content, communications and data analytics, bringing the joy of discovery to millions of members around the world. We’ve brought together a unique set of internet services that are changing the way retailers and marketers do business. With businesses such as Rakuten Advertising, Rakuten Rewards and Rakuten Kobo, we can offer marketers the platform and data intelligence to reach consumers at the moment they want to make a purchase. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, our North American businesses provide a customer-centric ecosystem that challenges limits and empowers people, markets and society through innovation. Forbes has recognized Rakuten as one of the world’s “Most Innovative Companies” for the past six years. Our team enjoys all the benefits of the tech industry with a family atmosphere that respects different views and nurtures careers. We have the vision and global opportunities to make amazing things happen. In Japanese, Rakuten means “optimism.” It means we believe in the future. It’s an understanding that, with the right mindset, we can make the future better by what we do today. So we challenge ourselves to evolve, innovate and experiment, to create a better, happier future for everyone.
ShopStyle is the world’s leading fashion search engine with the largest offering across 18 million products from more than 1,400 edited brands and retailers across the globe. By partnering with a curated selection of the best retailers and brands, our customers are confident in our search results covering every brand or store worth shopping, resulting in a smart, quick, relevant, and inspirational shopping experience.
ShopStyle Collective is our influencer program that helps monetize any digital shopping content. Our network of more than 14,000 bloggers, vloggers, Instagrammers, and app developers empower fashion-focused shopping across their respective channels. Our philosophy of bringing the very best to our customers extends to our employees, who are the driving force behind our vision. We are passionate about our culture are always seeking talented, creative individuals to join us in our purpose – changing the way people shop.
As a part of the Site Operations team, this position will work with merchant partners and internal teams to ensure the efficient and accurate implementation of partner advertising, affiliate commission and Cash Back management, contribute to projects that enhance marketing capabilities, and support other team members in delivering high-quality service and results for our partners.
- Use existing site administration tools to maintain an online shopping portal with listings for more than 2,500 merchants and associated information.
- Interact with advertising partners to obtain creative assets and perform standard site maintenance.
- Use internal and external tools to create and schedule advertising placements.
- Perform quality assurance checks on critical site elements, including store Cash Back, banner deployment, coupons, mobile pushes, and promotional landing pages.
- Research questions regarding site listings and advertising placements for internal staff and partners.
- Maintain client profiles and setup information on internal admin and affiliate interfaces.
- Assist other members of the Site Operations team on regular tasks related to site management and merchant relationships, and on special projects as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Competency with standard office productivity software (MS Office)
- Exacting nature, with excellent attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to manage high volume of email communication
- 4-year College degree
- 1-year prior work experience in web-based sales/marketing operations and customer service