Rakuten Americas’ 20+ businesses span e-commerce, digital content, communications and data analytics, bringing the joy of discovery to millions of members around the world. We’ve brought together a unique set of internet services that are changing the way retailers and marketers do business. With businesses such as Rakuten Advertising, Rakuten Rewards and Rakuten Kobo, we can offer marketers the platform and data intelligence to reach consumers at the moment they want to make a purchase. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, our North American businesses provide a customer-centric ecosystem that challenges limits and empowers people, markets and society through innovation. Forbes has recognized Rakuten as one of the world’s “Most Innovative Companies” for the past six years. Our team enjoys all the benefits of the tech industry with a family atmosphere that respects different views and nurtures careers. We have the vision and global opportunities to make amazing things happen. In Japanese, Rakuten means “optimism.” It means we believe in the future. It’s an understanding that, with the right mindset, we can make the future better by what we do today. So we challenge ourselves to evolve, innovate and experiment, to create a better, happier future for everyone.
Cartera Commerce, a Rakuten company who is the pioneer and leader in online cash back shopping and a subsidiary of the global Internet services company, is looking for experienced, talented and passionate individuals to join our growing team. Cartera Commerce’s loyalty solutions serves major airlines to top banks, we partner with elite companies who use loyalty programs to reward their customers. We help those customers earn more rewards by shopping with over 1,000 online retailers. If you want to join a dynamic team please apply. Cartera Commerce is based in Lexington, Massachusetts.
The Digital Content Specialist supports the Merchant Services Team by monitoring all content across client malls. You will QA the implementation and integrity of merchant offers and promotional assets in order to provide the best customer experience.
This role supports the on-going visual aesthetics of the online malls and is cross-trained in all merchandising operations to best help support overall website needs at any time. You will be primarily responsible for total quality management with regard to merchant related offers, banners and related content.
- Collaborate with Merchandising and Sales Teams to ensure offer accuracy across the Cartera network
- Add merchant specific offers into the content management tool
- Verify offers pre-production to ensure accuracy and completeness
- Communicate successes, opportunities and solutions to Account Owners to drive results
- Support the Merchant Services/Client Services teams and processes by ensuring that member rewards rates and merchant placements are accurate
- Enter and publish online content and perform QA on all placement and offer launches online
- Execute end-to-end feature and process verification before production launches
- Work with the merchants and Account Owners to ensure completion of accurate merchandise information online
- Work in a support role on special projects, new merchant/client launches and promotions
- Responsible for communicating pertinent information to customer service including changes to the website, email content and campaign specific direct mail pieces
- Troubleshoot and work with manager to resolve any site problems
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Attention to detail & accuracy, adheres to deadlines
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business
- Basic understanding of software development
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) from a four-year college or university
- 1 year relevant work or internship experience in online marketing/retail/e-commerce
- Experience in a marketing coordination, QA, customer care, or content management role for a retail or consumer website (preferred)
RAKUTEN SHUGI PRINCIPLES:
Our worldwide practices describe specific behaviors that make Rakuten unique and united across the world. We expect Rakuten employees to model these 5 Shugi Principles of Success.
- Always improve, always advance. Only be satisfied with complete success – Kaizen.
- Be passionately professional. Take an uncompromising approach to your work and be determined to be the best.
- Hypothesize – Practice – Validate – Shikumika. Use the Rakuten Cycle to success in unknown territory.
- Maximize Customer Satisfaction. The greatest satisfaction for workers in a service industry is to see their customers smile.
- Speed!! Speed!! Speed!! Always be conscious of time. Take charge, set clear goals, and engage your team.