Rakuten Americas’ 20+ businesses span e-commerce, digital content, communications and data analytics, bringing the joy of discovery to millions of members around the world. We’ve brought together a unique set of internet services that are changing the way retailers and marketers do business. With businesses such as Rakuten Advertising, Rakuten Rewards and Rakuten Kobo, we can offer marketers the platform and data intelligence to reach consumers at the moment they want to make a purchase. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, our North American businesses provide a customer-centric ecosystem that challenges limits and empowers people, markets and society through innovation. Forbes has recognized Rakuten as one of the world’s “Most Innovative Companies” for the past six years. Our team enjoys all the benefits of the tech industry with a family atmosphere that respects different views and nurtures careers. We have the vision and global opportunities to make amazing things happen. In Japanese, Rakuten means “optimism.” It means we believe in the future. It’s an understanding that, with the right mindset, we can make the future better by what we do today. So we challenge ourselves to evolve, innovate and experiment, to create a better, happier future for everyone.
Rakuten Advertising provides advertising technology and consumer insights to the world’s leading brands and retailers. Working with agencies and brands around the world, Rakuten Advertising unites technology, client strategy and consumer insights to deliver advertising experiences that drive increased brand awareness and marketing performance. With access to Rakuten’s diverse media properties and audiences, combined with an award-winning performance network and proprietary consumer research, Rakuten Advertising creates the right conditions to reach new customers and sustain long-lasting loyalty.
SUMMARY: We are looking to add a Creative Developer Specialist to the Creative Technology team. This position will work on a small team of other passionate designers and report to a Senior Creative Manager. This position is responsible for the design and development of display banner ads for various clients through the use of Adobe Creative Suite and our internal ad framework. We are looking for someone who has a passion for design, basic HTML/CSS understanding, meticulous attention to detail, and strong communication skills. This position is expected to work both independently and collaboratively based on the nature of each project. This is an entry level position with room to grow within the team.Core Function: Support the creative developer team and clients by designing banner ads with Adobe Creative Suite and developing them using an HTML/CSS/JS framework. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collaborate with internal teams such as Client Services and Sales to understand client campaign goals and creative needs.
- Conceptualize and Design display banner ads using Photoshop or Illustrator while adhering to client’s branding/style guidelines.
- Develop those designs into fully functional, cross-browser compatible ads using our HTML/CSS based framework.
- Maintain knowledge about latest industry trends and emerging technologies.
- Participate and contribute to team meetings and trainings.
- Support the Creative Communications team by developing advertiser specific communications including but not limited to: emails, newsletters, promotional communications, and other interface communication vehicles (for publishers).
- Eye & passion for Design
- Knowledge and experience with Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Photoshop & Illustrator
- Basic knowledge of HTML & CSS
- Comfortable using Microsoft Office programs such as Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to prioritize work, set expectations, meet deadlines and produce consistent quality work even in rush peak times.
- Strong communication skills.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to take constructive criticism on designs from clients.
- Ability to learn and adapt with current coding and design practices
- 1-2 years relevant experience including internships preferred
RAKUTEN SHUGI PRINCIPLES
Our worldwide practices describe specific behaviors that make Rakuten unique and united across the world. We expect Rakuten employees to model these 5 Shugi Principles of Success.
- Always improve, always advance. Only be satisfied with complete success – Kaizen.
- Be passionately professional. Take an uncompromising approach to your work and be determined to be the best.
- Hypothesize – Practice – Validate – Shikumika. Use the Rakuten Cycle to success in unknown territory.
- Maximize Customer Satisfaction. The greatest satisfaction for workers in a service industry is to see their customers smile.
- Speed!! Speed!! Speed!! Always be conscious of time. Take charge, set clear goals, and engage your team.