Rakuten Americas’ 20+ businesses span e-commerce, digital content, communications and data analytics, bringing the joy of discovery to millions of members around the world. We’ve brought together a unique set of internet services that are changing the way retailers and marketers do business. With businesses such as Rakuten Advertising, Rakuten Rewards and Rakuten Kobo, we can offer marketers the platform and data intelligence to reach consumers at the moment they want to make a purchase. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, our North American businesses provide a customer-centric ecosystem that challenges limits and empowers people, markets and society through innovation. Forbes has recognized Rakuten as one of the world’s “Most Innovative Companies” for the past six years. Our team enjoys all the benefits of the tech industry with a family atmosphere that respects different views and nurtures careers. We have the vision and global opportunities to make amazing things happen. In Japanese, Rakuten means “optimism.” It means we believe in the future. It’s an understanding that, with the right mindset, we can make the future better by what we do today. So we challenge ourselves to evolve, innovate and experiment, to create a better, happier future for everyone.
Rakuten Rewards is a leading e-commerce company that enhances the way people shop by offering Cash Back, deals and rewards from more than 3,500 merchants. Founded in 1999, Rakuten has grown to become the go-to shopping destination for consumers, having paid out nearly $2 billion in Cash Back to its 15 million members. The company also operates ShopStyle, a leading fashion discovery destination, and Cartera Commerce, a top rewards platform for airlines and banks. For more information, visit www.rakuten.com.
Rakuten.com is seeking an Associate Marketing Manager to join our growing Digital Strategy team. This person will support and ensure timely execution of campaigns for both our 14M members and 2,500 merchants on Rakuten. The role will work cross-functionally with sales, creative, marketing and operations teams.
- Support Sr. Marketing Manager with cross-channel campaigns that highlight our many ways to earn Cash Back.
- Drive thoughtful, well-articulated creative briefs that lead to best-in-class creative executions.
- Understand merchants needs and create campaigns that align with their goals.
- Understand the competitive landscape and identify/recommend strategies that improve the customer experience.
- Provide timelines and updates to stakeholders to manage campaign delivery expectations.
- Execute conversion driving member experiences with each campaign across all shopping platforms and emails.
- QA and proof emails and site content.
- Utilize strong analytical skills to continuously optimize the member experience across all shopping channels, while also recapping the performance of campaigns.
- Develop strong cross-functional relationships with marketing, creative and site operations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- You have proven success in developing strong brand and customer site experiences.
- You have strong communication, interpersonal, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- You have excellent writing, speaking and presentation skills.
- You continuously ask yourself “what if..”
- You are creative and excited about the opportunity to surface new and innovative ways to connect with members and merchants.
- You are flexible and responds well to shifts in trajectory.
- You are a self-starter, able to take ownership and responsibility for projects. Anticipates problems and rolls up sleeves to foresee problems, tackle large projects and get things done.
- You have excellent organizational skills and manage accountability well. You can oversee multiple work streams simultaneously and are equally comfortable delegating or owning tasks, no matter how big or small.
- You know how to communicate proactively and effectively with a diverse set of technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- You have a positive and upbeat demeanor.
- 1+ years experience in campaign marketing, site merchandising or project management.