KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Provide Level 1 incident management support for applications, shared services, and infrastructure issues.
- Quick return of customers to productivity using robust troubleshooting steps. Set expectations when issue is not easily resolvable and/or requires the engagement of L2/L3 support.
- Proactive monitoring of application, infrastructure, and environmental alerts to identify malfunctions and ensure reliability.
- Oversee vendor involvement in the resolution of incidents to ensure accountability and adherence to SLAs.
- Work closely with all support teams to ensure incidents are resolved in a timely manner and according to established SLAs.
- Overall quality customer experience and high level of customer satisfaction.
- Proper and clear documentation of incident event details in ticket tracking system (i.e., ServiceNow).
- Use of collaboration tools to efficiently communicate with others when triaging and/or escalating incidents.
- Quick identification of critical incidents and coordination of response activities with Incident Manager.
- Work with all levels of leadership, including senior management, in a respectful, professional, and communicative manner during a critical incident. Communicate technical issues in layman’s terms.
- Improvement of operational team procedures by studying, evaluating, and recommending moderately complex process and program re-designs.
- Follow up on items that could potentially negatively impact production operations, assist with postmortem related activities, and support various efforts related to operational improvements.
- Implement new and improved processes, change processes, perform new tasks, create reports, and address ad-hoc requests.
Associates or bachelor’s degree in an IT related field is highly preferred.
2+ years of related experience in IT support
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS (Required for Success in this Role)
- Basic knowledge of IT Incident Management
- Basic knowledge of Change Management
- Basic end user triage experience
- 2 years of experience handling incidents and issues in a 24/7 production environment
- 2 years of working experience or knowledge with different IT infrastructure components such as Windows Servers, network and systems administration, and other infrastructure components
- Hands on experience with Service-Now or other ticketing tools
- Experience using Outlook, Excel, SharePoint, and collaboration tools such as Cisco Jabber and MS Teams
- Experience and confidence working with all levels of management
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Ability to multitask during concurrent events.
- Strong relationship management skills and aptitude to multi-task and work well in a high stress environment, both within teams and independently
· ITIL Foundations Certified
· Experience with customer contact desktop applications (i.e., Finesse, RingCentral)