pulsd is on a mission to democratize life in New York City.
For the past several years, pulsd has been unlocking the magic of New York City. We have completely reimagined how 300,000 New Yorkers discover and experience the most memorable moments of their lives. On the other side of the marketplace, we empower incredible local businesses and artisans.
Our team of entrepreneurial, enthusiastic and client focused members has been built around a unique culture. We have never raised any capital, have been profitable since inception and were growing revenues 30% year on year until the pandemic shut everything down.
As we look towards our recovery, we are looking for a Business Operations Associate to join the team. The Business Operations Associate position has 3 core functions – Customer Success, Account Management & Revenue Optimization. You will be joining an incredibly dedicated team that has stuck around as our revenues plunged 98%, is committed to rebuilding the business and taking it to the next level.
We are New Yorkers, who are all about New York City. Our office is located in the heart of SoHo, with sweeping views of The World Trade Center and other New York City landmarks. Current partners include hundreds of local businesses, all the way up to mega brands such as Tao Group, Union Square Hospitality, Peloton, Skin Spa, The Bowery Hotel and many more.
During the depths of the pandemic, we were praised by the New York Times for continuing to operations to help support local businesses while other corporate partners abandoned them:
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone with a long term view who sees opportunity in the correction New York City is experiencing right now and who agrees with Jerry Seinfeld’s opinion on Manhattan being the greatest place on earth:
“ When I got my first apartment in Manhattan in the hot summer of 1976, there was no pooper-scooper law, and the streets were covered in dog crap.
I signed the rental agreement, walked outside, and my car had been towed. I still thought, “This is the greatest place I’ve ever been in my life.” “
If that resonates with you, we need to talk!
- Be truly passionate about the New York City hospitality & entertainment industries.
- Have a results oriented mindset during these challenging times, while understanding that every month things are just going to get better and better.
- Customer Success: Have a maniacal focus on delivering the best experience for the pulsd customer. Take a proactive, not just reactive, approach to delighting our members.
- Account Management: Operate as the lead point of contact between pulsd and the hundreds of businesses we partner with. Assist with challenging partner requests, collaborating with our sales team where needed.
- Revenue Optimization: Work with the editorial team to evaluate what & optimize promotion performance while working with the engineers to minimize loss prevention. You will be responsible for working with multiple team members to maximize profitability.
- A missionary, team focused mindset vs a mercenary, “all about me” one.
- Experience in a fast paced, always on environment.
- Willingness to work on some weekends.
- Fast learner who can hit the ground running, and solve issues from the get-go.
- Experience working with restaurants, SMBs, and entertainment businesses.
- Assertive, persistent attitude. Always takes the initiative.
- Fluency in a 2nd & 3rd language is a plus.
- Competent in Salesforce & Asana.
- Graduate with a bachelor’s degree from a leading university or liberal arts college.
- Outgoing, self-starter who can shoulder responsibility in a highly demanding, fast paced environment.
- Have a basic understanding of New York City’s hospitality and entertainment industries – and a desire to bring the best of New York City to New Yorkers.
- Ability to deliver customers an experience to drive pulsd’s Net Promoter Score and ensure the company’s long-term profitable growth.
- Hungry to cultivate existing business relationships that will benefit those businesses and our members.
- Have excellent communication skills, and be detail-oriented, with an unquenchable thirst to grow the pulsd brand.
- Competitive compensation.
- Full health, dental, & vision insurance.
- Open vacation time and sick time.
- Breakfast & lunch (catered) paid for by the company.
- Build your own Apple environment.
- Free pulsd experiences.