pulsd is in the business of democratizing fun.
Over 300,000 New Yorkers use pulsd every month to discover the very best of their city. We know living in New York City can be financially challenging, so we unearth the best that the city has to offer – for less. Whether it’s access to the best free events (sample sales, open bars, launch parties) or making paid events more affordable (exclusive pricing on restaurants, spas, events, galas etc), we enable New Yorkers to live above their pay grade.
In addition to partnering the likes of Madison Square Garden, Union Square Hospitality Group, TAO Group, Sushi Nakazawa, The New York Times & The Bowery Hotel, we work with select high-end venues on promotions that run year-round. Pulsd has been covered by many prestigious media publications over the years including The New York Times, Harvard Business Review, CBS New York & others.
You will be joining a well known media startup that has discovered its product-market fit, and believes that 2021 will be a transformative year for the business as it continues it’s path to double digit millions in revenue.
Our office is in the heart of SoHo – an area of the city which we believe is synonymous with the culture that we are trying to build.
What You’ll do:
As a key member of the team, you will play an invaluable role in ensuring that pulsd runs, and it if isn’t running, to help fix the problem.
The ideal candidate is someone who is willing to learn and grow with the company. This is a terrific opportunity to play a part in a successful upstart media company, that has been built systematically from the ground up by hard work and has recently found its product-market fit.
Finally, you love New York City! This position has many perks, including the opportunity to do whatever you want on pulsd for free! That’s right – free dinners, massages, wine tasting, and countless amazing events. Make it happen!
This position has 3 core functions:
- Customer Success – Making sure our customers are happy with us. This is more than just customer support – this is about answering inbound emails, turning issues into opportunities and giving the team feedback on how we can improve our offerings, product and practices (approx time 40%).
- Revenue Operations – You will be responsible for evaluating current promotions to see how they are performing, whether we should extend them and how much “face time” they receive with our audience. (approx time 30%).
- Security – as we grow the business, protecting the company against online fraudulent transactions becomes core. You will use tools to evaluate risks and act accordingly. This involves working with our engineering team to continually optimize our fraud detection system (30%).
- Graduate with a bachelor’s degree from a leading university or liberal arts college.
- An outgoing, self-starter who can shoulder responsibility in a highly demanding environment.
- An excellent communicator who is detail-oriented, and not afraid of answering (or asking) tough questions.
- A strong believer in our mission to democratize fun, with an unquenchable thirst to grow the pulsd brand.
- Competitive salary + performance based incentives.
- 100% medical, vision & dental coverage.
- Breakfast, lunch & dinner (if you stay late).
- Build your own Apple environment.
- Unlimited PTO.