pulsd is on a mission to democratize life in New York City.
For the past several years, pulsd has been unlocking the magic of New York City. We have completely reimagined how 300,000 New Yorkers discover and experience the most memorable moments of their lives. On the other side of the marketplace, we empower incredible local businesses and artisans.
Our team of entrepreneurial, enthusiastic and client focused members has been built around a unique culture. We have never raised any capital, have been profitable since inception and were growing revenues aggressively until the pandemic shut everything down.
As we continue our impressive recovery, we are looking for an Account Executive to join the team. The Account Executive will be joining a small team of highly-skilled professionals whose focus is on engaging New York City restaurants, event producers, spas, & fitness studios – then subsequently persuading them to incorporate pulsd into their growth plans. You will be joining the dedicated team behind pulsd’s continued growth – in order to take us to the next level.
We are New Yorkers, who are all about New York City. Our office is located in the heart of SoHo, with sweeping views of The World Trade Center and other New York City landmarks. Current partners include hundreds of local businesses, all the way up to mega brands such as Tao Group, Union Square Hospitality, Peloton, Skin Spa, The Bowery Hotel and many more.
During the depths of the pandemic, we were praised by the New York Times for continuing to operations to help support local businesses while other corporate partners abandoned them:
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone with a long term view who sees opportunity in the correction New York City is experiencing right now and who agrees with Jerry Seinfeld’s opinion on Manhattan being the greatest place on earth:
“ When I got my first apartment in Manhattan in the hot summer of 1976, there was no pooper-scooper law, and the streets were covered in dog crap.
I signed the rental agreement, walked outside, and my car had been towed. I still thought, “This is the greatest place I’ve ever been in my life.” “
If that resonates with you, we need to talk!
- Grow new client relationships by analyzing, building and managing a sales pipeline of businesses for long-term sustained success.
- Drive opportunities through a high volume of outbound calling and emailing.
- Meet in person with local businesses to build relationships and close accounts.
- Evaluate merchants that will resonate well with the core pulsd demographic.
- Understand customer needs and requirements.
- Graduate with a bachelor’s degree from a leading university or liberal arts college.
- 2-3 years of experience in full-lifecycle sales.
- Experience in developing relationships with new customers.
- Basic understanding of New York City’s hospitality and entertainment industries – and a desire to make this not only central to your career but central to your day to day life.
- Intellectual curiosity & a high level of emotional intelligence.
- Fluency in a 2nd & 3rd language is a plus.
- Competitive compensation includes base, commissions, recurring commissions on legacy business and bonuses.
- Full medical, dental, & vision insurance; transit benefits.
- Breakfast & catered lunch paid for by the company.
- Open vacation time and personal time.
- Free pulsd experiences.