Digital Graphic Designer
Closes: The position is open until filled with applications reviewed beginning March 1, 2021.
Status: Regular Full-time, 40 hours per week; Exempt FLSA status.
Salary: The starting salary and decision to offer the position at an Associate or Senior level will
be made at the end of the recruitment process, based on the experience of the selected
candidate. The starting salary range is $62,000 – $85,000 annually, DOE, with full
Location: Puget Sound Regional Council; Downtown – Seattle, Washington
The Puget Sound Regional Council is the regional transportation, growth management and economic development planning agency serving Seattle and the central Puget Sound. PSRC brings together the region’s diverse counties, cities and towns, native tribes, ports, the state of Washington and civic interests to help the region thrive, now and into the future. The agency serves as the region’s Metropolitan Planning Organization and is the regional leader for growth management, transportation, and economic development under state and federal laws. PSRC seeks to support an inclusive region and build a work culture which embraces diversity and promotes equity. Visit www.psrc.org to find out more. PSRC is an equal opportunity employer.
PSRC is seeking a Digital Graphic Designer to join the Communications Department. This role includes designing and producing high quality and complex graphic materials for both print and digital platforms (website, social media, email marketing, etc.). The Digital Graphic Designer will also serve as agency photographer. Successful candidates will have exceptional communication and collaboration skills. The candidate will have the ability to work independently and as part of a team, with excellent organizational and problem-solving skills. Individuals from all cultures and communities are encouraged to apply.
The ideal candidate will have:
· Expertise in principles, techniques, and technologies of graphic design, including evolving technologies related digital platforms, print publications, accessibility, and photography.
· Demonstrated experience in creating and adapting content for digital platforms, including social media. Experience in video production a plus.
· Expertise in design and production for websites, email campaigns, and email templates.
· Ability to clearly assemble and communicate complex data into concise graphic representation that can be readily understood by people with little technical knowledge.
· Ability to work independently and with minimal direction to design and produce agency reports on regional land use, transportation, and economic development; annual reports; brochures and pamphlets; infographics; graphic maps; accessible files; and large displays for meetings, seminars, and public gatherings.
· Ability to listen to and communicate with staff to ensure thorough understanding of projects including focus, timeliness, budget, desired product, design requests and improvements or alternatives to project design.
· Ability to provide leadership on best practices in area of graphic representation of information.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
· Bachelor’s degree in graphic arts, digital design or related field.
· Two years (Associate) or Six years (Senior) of increasingly responsible experience in art direction, digital graphic design, and photography for websites, social media and print publications.
· Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite – primarily InDesign, Photoshop, Acrobat, and Illustrator.
· Experience using content management systems for websites.
· Experience creating accessible electronic documents according to Web Content Accessibility Guidelines
· Experience using video production software, digital multimedia storytelling or animation applications.
· Familiarity with mapping and data visualization applications such as Infogram, Tableau and ESRI.
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
· Valid driver’s license and ability to drive agency vehicles.
· To be considered, applicants must submit a cover letter, resume, completed and signed PSRC application, and a link to a digital portfolio (or PDF) of work showing a range of creative projects.
· The voluntary and confidential Equal Employment Opportunity, Applicant’s Invitation to Self-Identify – Veteran Status, and Voluntary Self-Identification of Disability forms are appreciated for applicant tracking purposes.
· For application materials, please visit https://www.psrc.org/about/careers.
· Completed materials can be emailed to email@example.com, faxed to 206-587-4825, or mailed to:
Puget Sound Regional Council, attn.: HR, 1011 Western Ave., Suite 500, Seattle, WA 98104