Closes: The position is open until filled with applications reviewed beginning April 12, 2021.
Status: Regular Full-time, 40 hours per week; Non-exempt FLSA status.
Salary: The starting salary range is $44,000 – $51,000 annually, DOE, with full benefits.
Location: Puget Sound Regional Council; Downtown – Seattle, Washington
The Puget Sound Regional Council is the regional transportation, growth management, and economic development planning agency serving Seattle and the central Puget Sound. PSRC brings together the region’s diverse counties, cities and towns, native tribes, ports, the state of Washington and civic interests to help the region thrive, now and into the future. The agency serves as the region’s Metropolitan Planning Organization and is the regional leader for growth management, transportation, and economic development under state and federal laws. PSRC seeks to support an inclusive region and build a work culture which embraces diversity and promotes equity. Visit www.psrc.org to find out more. PSRC is an equal opportunity employer.
PSRC is seeking a Data Technician to perform a variety of data processing activities under general supervision. The position will provide general assistance and support of the Transportation Improvement Program (TIP), a list of current transportation projects within King, Kitsap, Pierce, and Snohomish Counties. It will also assist with other databases and data-related tasks for the Transportation Planning Division. This position will be responsible for a range of quantitative and qualitative work in support of transportation planning and funding. This work will include, but is not limited to, the following tasks:
• Collect, organize, analyze, and process data submissions from external agency staff for inclusion in the TIP database.
• Assist stakeholders with data submissions.
• Assist with quality control and ensure that the data in the TIP meet all state and federal requirements.
• Provide quantitative analysis of data in PSRC databases.
• Prepare TIP and other data for inclusion in an online web map and other visualization formats.
• Respond to periodic data requests using the TIP and other databases.
• Communicate PSRC’s TIP policies and funding requirements to external agency staff.
• Facilitate team review meetings.
The Data Technician will analyze, summarize, and validate data and prepare final reports and maps for presentation and publication. The position will also assist in providing staff support to advisory committees and perform other related duties as assigned.
At a minimum, a candidate must possess:
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• The ability to work on several projects or issues simultaneously.
• Technical proficiency and demonstrated experience using basic computer software such as Internet browsers and Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
• An interest and aptitude to expand technical skills, particularly database querying with SQL.
• Strong oral and writing communication skills, and the ability to work well with professionals, staff, and the public.
• Initiative and ability to work independently, as well as collaboratively as part of a team.
• A willingness to learn, be receptive to feedback, and embrace continuous improvement.
The ideal candidate will also possess:
• Technical proficiency and demonstrated experience using Microsoft Access and/or other database management systems, particularly the creation of queries of complex table relationships.
• General GIS skills including data entry and map production.
• An interest in local and regional government.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
• Bachelor’s degree in related field or Associate degree with at least one year of college coursework or experience in data-related activities.
• Experience in data management and processing.
• Or, any combination of education and experience that would provide the applicant with the desired skills, knowledge, and ability required to perform the job.
• To be considered, applicants must submit a cover letter, resume, and completed, signed PSRC application.
• The voluntary, confidential Equal Employment Opportunity, Applicant’s Invitation to Self-Identify – Veteran Status, and Voluntary Self-Identification of Disability forms are appreciated for applicant-tracking purposes.
• For application materials, please visit http://www.psrc.org/about/careers.
• Completed materials can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, faxed to 206-587-4825, or mailed to:
Puget Sound Regional Council, attn.: HR, 1011 Western Ave., Suite 500, Seattle, WA 98104.