Retail Process Improvement Engineer, Strategy Support – Lakeland
As a Retail Process Improvement Engineer, you will support process improvements and promote efficient operations by applying Industrial Engineering skills to business problems here at Publix. This includes working with different business areas to identify, initiate and support projects that improve customer service and efficient processes for more than 1,200 stores across the southeast.
Additional responsibilities include:
- develops and maintains Engineered Labor Standards that are used to schedule, pay, and/or evaluate the performance of Publix associates and suppliers
- provides analytical decision support to assigned business areas through the use of core Industrial Engineering skills, mathematical tools, modeling and computational methods for system analysis, evaluation, and optimization
- identifies process improvements for supported business areas and
- directs, plans and coordinates the day to day activities of up to one IE Support Specialist & up to one Student IE.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Industrial Engineering or equivalent experience
- at least one (1) year of experience as an Industrial Engineer, including Industrial Engineering internships or
- at least two (2) years of experience providing analytical or technical support with a demonstrated ability to perform exceptional process improvement work
- successful completion of the Maynard MOST certification program required upon hire
- knowledge of Industrial Engineering techniques; statistical methods, queuing theory, deterministic and probabilistic operations analysis, etc.
- knowledge of management science, including behavioral theory
- knowledge of Data Mining tools
- knowledge of performance report design and interpretation
- knowledge of best practices for database design
- knowledge of Finance and Accounting concepts including NPV, IRR, ROI, and break-even
- ability to apply mathematical proficiency and uses quantitative methods like statistics and operations research through Industrial Engineering work measurement and process improvement
- ability to apply financial, accounting and analytical business management concepts
- intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office; Excel and
- basic knowledge of Microsoft Office; Access.
- Master’s Degree in Industrial Engineering, Engineering Management, Statistics, Operations Research, or an MBA
- two (2) or more years of experience as an Industrial Engineer or closely related profession and
- two (2) or more years of Publix experience
- knowledge of Retail, Distribution, and Support department functional roles, terms, and their detailed operating processes and procedures
- knowledge of equipment and operational software systems within the assigned business areas
- knowledge of software system functionality and configuration for tools developed and/or used by the Process Improvement team
- knowledge of the formal QIP, QDP, LDP, and RAPID decision-making methodologies
- knowledge of internal Publix data sources including Teradata EDW, Informix, DB2, Dallas Views, and SQL sources and
- Lean/Six-Sigma ‘green belt’ or higher certification.
Minimum Base Pay:
Maximum Base Pay:
Potential Annual Pay with Bonus:
73,840 – 111,345
Year End Bonus:
As a year-end bonus to associates, Publix issues one month’s extra pay (pro-rated in the first year) each year if associate remains employed through issue date of the bonus check that year. This is calculated as a 13th month of pay in the Potential Annual Pay with Bonus line above.