As the Human Experience Company, we are a global media agency that believes in the alchemy of people and technology to create experiences people love and actions brands need. It’s in our DNA. We’re powered by the strength of our innovative, driven and intelligent people who are deeply passionate about achieving best-in-class results on behalf of our clients –some of the world’s leading marketers.
We value you and the work you do. We work hard, but also enjoy scores of perks rooted in our legacy of having one of the strongest agency cultures. Our top-notch health insurance plans and paid time off allow you much-needed time to recharge and achieve the work-life balance you need to bring your absolute best self to work.
Media Associates support the creation, management, and stewardship of Starcom Worldwide client media plans and investments. The Media Associate role is a great place to begin your career in the continuously evolving world of advertising. At Starcom, we provide you extensive training and development opportunities when you join our team.
No matter where you start as a Media Associate, you will have the opportunity to rotate over time and gain different experiences. Here are some of the key things that you may focus on as a Media Associate:
- Learn about your client’s business, including the industry, category, and your client’s competitors
- Collaborate with internal colleagues and external sales professionals
- Develop relationships with both client contacts and external vendors
- Develop a solid understanding of consumer and industry insights to analyze competitors
- Inform and influence when and where a client’s advertising dollars should be spent
- Learn how to make educated placement recommendations using media statistics and basic media math calculations (all taught in our training programs)
- Develop analytical and negotiation skills
- Monitor budgets, reporting, and purchases to ensure all ads run as ordered
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably with a concentration in marketing, advertising, communications, business, sociology, or consumer insights
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Demonstrated quantitative and analytical skills but you’ll embrace a role that requires a mix of art and science.
- Experience developing and presenting your thoughts and ideas
- Ability to think critically, analyze everything, and look for unconventional solutions to problems
- You like to speak up with new ideas and challenge the status quo
- Detail oriented and exceptional organizational skills
- You thrive on a team and work well independently
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and comfortable juggling multiple priorities
- You enjoy managing projects and/or processes and taking on new opportunities
- Must have the permanent, unrestricted right to work in the US
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.