Promega is an international bio-tech company with over 4000 high quality products that have been supporting science for over 40 years. We support scientists researching life and disease, pharma companies developing new treatments, forensic labs matching DNA from crime scenes and clinical labs running and confirming health tests – and that’s just the beginning. And yes, we have been extremely busy providing our technologies to support COVID-19 testing and research.
We strive to create an open, inviting and inclusive culture – we care about you as a person, not just a team member. We embrace the principles of emotional and social intelligence – which helps our employees improve relationships, manage stress and enhance connections. Establishing and maintaining relationships is part of the foundation of our culture – teams are more like family than co-workers.
Our campus speaks volumes. Headquartered in Madison, employees work in and around a campus with multiple buildings that are integrated into a natural setting with trails, ponds, woods and a restored prairie. Sustainability is important – we invest in energy efficiency and use renewable energy. Our culinary team offers top notch food to employees – including an onsite garden to supply fresh produce. Check out our campus through this map, and learn more about the our people and sustainable practices.
The Advanced Technology Group is a multidisciplinary team of highly motivated individuals charged with the development of novel technologies within Promega. Our approach is highly collaborative and build around the integration of diverse skillsets ranging from organic chemistry to clinical research.
We are looking for a motivated post-doctoral scientist who enjoys the challenge of developing novel bio-analytical technologies with broad applicability across different fields in life science. You will be part of a team that is tasked with the development of a novel immune-detection platform based on Promega technologies.
You are a creative and self-driven scientist with a demonstrated track record in protein biology and protein engineering. Additional experience with antibody engineering and immune assay development would be highly desirable.
JOB OBJECTIVE: We are looking for a highly motivated scientist to join our team to help us with the development of a novel immunoassay platform based on Promega’s reporter technologies. The project will focus on the creation of novel affinity reagents using state of the art protein evolution methods as well as the development of the functional assays utilizing these reagents.
*This is a 2 year Limited Term Employment (LTE) position with an option for a 3rd year depending on project status/business needs. Conversion of this position to regular full-time position is a possibility, based on your performance as well as business needs.
1. Independently develop research plans and manage timelines.
2. Primary author for peer-reviewed journal articles, abstracts, and/or patents.
3. Attend scientific conferences and become a recognized expert in area of research.
4. Communicate problems, ideas and suggestions to appropriate person or group.
5. Ability to suggest novel and innovative approaches.
6. Work at bench.
7. Understands and complies with ethical, legal and regulatory requirements applicable to our business.
1. PhD in molecular biology, biochemistry, structural biology or a related discipline.
2. Extensive expertise in display-based protein evolution technologies (e.g. phage display or similar) and state of the art methods for protein expression and purification. Experience with engineering of antibodies and other affinity reagents is highly desirable.
3. Established record of scientific achievements.
4. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
5. Ability to develop, execute, and analyze experimental results independently.
6. Passion for science and a capacity to work in a highly collaborative environment.
1. Ability to work at lab bench or fume hood for extended period of time.
2. Ability to wear protection gear (gloves, lab coat, safety glasses, etc.)
3. Ability to operate a computer.
Diversity is important at Promega. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and make employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.