Begin a meaningful career right here.
P&G is the largest consumer packaged goods company in the world. We have operations in over 75 countries, with 65 trusted brands that improve lives for 5 billion consumers worldwide. This brings many advantages, including the opportunity for our employees to enjoy a diverse and rewarding lifelong career filled with new and exciting challenges.
We believe great ideas emerge from the creative connections that happen between our talented employees, and we encourage diverse, multi-functional teams to work together to generate new ideas to address challenges we face.
In this role as Scientific Communications Manager, you will work on North America Fabric Care in a unique and critical role for the company. This role uniquely combines scientific and technical expertise with strategic and creative thinking, communication skills and commercial understanding. You will work in close partnership with Research & Development, Brand Management, Global Product Safety, Sales and external experts to develop and execute scientific credentialing/advocacy strategies and create compelling scientific content for P&G brands. In this role you will lead the development of scientific product stories, publications, demos, message tracks and other assets, manage key science stakeholder relationships, and serve as a spokesperson with media, influencers, external scientific experts and retail customers.
The Scientific Communications Manager role is a key expert on P&G product technologies and product performance and will creatively translate and deliver their scientific knowledge into resource materials (e.g., presentations, technical product stories, brand superior technology stories, demos, displays, in-store materials, digital assets, etc.). These materials will need to fully convey the science in an easy to understand way to create buzz and excitement among consumers, retail customers and key influencers. This work should be able to have global reapplication.
Key areas of responsibilities will include:
* Technical Product Story Design & Delivery to retail customers, influencers & stakeholders
* Storytelling assets creation including pitch angles, demos, animations, and other digital conten
* Serve as a highly credible spokesperson with media, influencers, customers and other stakeholders
* Educate Sales Force and Customers. Develops and trains field sales force on product technology through live training, video training, and product manual/FAQ’s for field. This may also include P&G Lab/Technical Center immersions for customers
* Development of Scientific Communications strategies and plans to generate earned awareness and advocacy; includes publication plan to credential P&G and brand science and safety
* Ingredient Transparency and Safety. Develops Technical Product Story, Communications angle, third-party credentialing, demos, animations, and media outreach
The Ideal Candidate:
* Understands the needs of retail customers and external influencers within the category and can work with R&D, Marketing and Communications agencies to proactively create plans, communication tools and directly provide the information and demonstrations that best meet these needs.
* Can skillfully handle expected and unexpected questions and objections raised by customers/media in face-to-face situations by providing compelling rationales and demos to illustrate P&G’s point of view.
* Demonstrates understanding of the external environment and key trends. Finds the relevant connections and applications between wide ranging internal and external information sources. This information comes from numerous trends presentations, talking to key media and external fashion/scientific/medical experts and reviewing fashion and science media/magazines.
* Has the ability to clearly and convincingly present the information (live and videotaped) to external media, customers and professional contacts within the fashion, science and news media, as well as medical and academic experts.
* Has the ability to bring the outside in through 3rd party credentialing and add unique value by integrating their external knowledge into the P&G business.
* Can effectively work with and influence multi-functional teams and diverse global individuals both within P&G and externally to deliver the desired outcome.
* Bachelor’s degree or higher is required. Preferred degrees: Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biology, Engineering, or similar field.
* Technical/scientific background/knowledge and technical curiosity.
* Ability to travel up to 30% (combination of domestic/international, once restrictions are lifted).
* A high level of proficiency in the English language is essential.
* Ability to relocate to Cincinnati, Ohio area or already be located here.
* Experience working on a brand.
* Approximately 1-5 years of experience in a communications role (university, company, etc).
The Value of a P&G Career
* Ongoing coaching and career development – you will work with passionate people and have access to best in class training through our P&G Leadership Academy as well as day-to-day mentoring from your manager.
* We provide a market-competitive salary benchmarked against the finest companies, so you’ll be able to spend your generous vacation time doing more of the things you love with the people you love.
* We offer a suite of benefits, including but not limited to: flexible working arrangements, generous paid vacation increasing with service, generous parental leave policies, group life insurance, health insurance, and dedicated support to help you find the right child care or elder care.
* Additional perks include discounted P&G products from our company shops and a discount platform offering you unbeatable savings on everything from groceries to exotic holidays.
* What’s more, your financial package might include things like interest-free loans, a tax-advantageous share purchase plan, a contributory pension plan, and financial education and advisement on topics including purchasing real estate and generating wealth.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, citizenship, HIV/AIDS status or any other legally protected factor.
Immigration sponsorship is not available for this role. As a general matter, Procter & Gamble does not sponsor candidates for nonimmigrant visas or permanent residency. However, Procter & Gamble may make exceptions on a discretionary basis. Any exceptions would be based on the Company’s specific business needs at the time and place of recruitment as well as the particular qualifications of the individual.
Procter & Gamble participates in e-verify as required by law.
Qualified individuals will not be disadvantaged based on being unemployed.
MQualificlearly detailed in job description are assessed in the pre-screen questionnaire