Begin a meaningful career right here.
P&G is the largest consumer packaged goods company in the world. We have operations in over 75 countries, with 65 trusted brands that improve lives for 5 billion consumers worldwide. This brings many advantages, including the opportunity for our employees to enjoy a diverse and rewarding lifelong career filled with new and exciting challenges.
We believe great ideas emerge from the creative connections that happen between our talented employees and we encourage diverse, multi-functional teams to work together to generate new ideas to address challenges we face.
Do you get excited working with operations and suppliers to bring new technologies and innovative strategies to life? Procter & Gamble is seeking an individual with strong packaging or packing technical skills to join our team at our Greensboro, North Carolina Manufacturing Facility as a Packaging Senior Scientist – Senior Manager. You will be part of a uniquely blended team encompassing resources from research and development and product supply.
In Materials Process and Delivery (MPD), we drive innovative and cost-efficient solutions to many types of problems enabling operational excellence end-to-end, delivering cost savings, and providing supply chain optimization. Here, you’ll play a key part in improving the capability, quality, and productivity of all our systems including working directly with material suppliers and supporting the delivery of new product and packing equipment technologies.
You will be responsible for the following:
* Leading qualifications for packaging materials, sites, and process changes at P&G and at the material suppliers
* Partnering with Research and Development on Packaging Component design for manufacturability, delivering cost savings, and supply chain agility
* Partnering with Manufacturing to optimize equipment and packing line process performance
* Partnering with Quality Assurance and Engineering on material specifications and work process / equipment improvements
* Leveraging P&G packing labs for scale-up testing on new package and equipment/technology improvements and leading testing within manufacturing.
The ideal candidate will have the passion to work a diverse team to deliver business results in a fast-paced environment. You have a strong technical background and curiosity in packaging and/or packing technologies. You can innovate as well as reapply proven solutions. You must be able to juggle multiple priorities and adapt to change.
* Experience in packaging materials and/or packing equipment.
* Experience with a regulated industry, such as Food, Cosmetic, or Drug for knowledge of GMP compliance.
* Experience with technical writing (such as validations and learning plans) and digital quality management solutions (such as SAP and Veeva) would be a plus.
* Both product supply/manufacturing and research & development candidates are encouraged to apply.
* 3+ years of experience manufacturing, research and development, or related field.
* A Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, physical science, military or other related degree/experience.
* Ability to be located in Greensboro, NC and willingness to travel occasionally
Just so you know:
We are committed to providing equal opportunities in employment. We value diversity and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
All will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, citizenship, HIV/AIDS status or any other legally protected factor.
Immigration sponsorship is not available for this position, except in rare situations based on Procter & Gamble’s sole discretion. Applicants for U.S. based positions are eligible to work in the U.S. without the need for current or future sponsorship. We do not sponsor for permanent residency. Any exceptions are based on the Company’s specific business needs at the time and place of recruitment as well as the particular qualifications of the individual.
Procter & Gamble participates in e-verify as required by law.
Qualified individuals will not be disadvantaged based on being unemployed.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.