Begin a meaningful career right here.
How would you like to join a dynamic team leading a start-up and on-going operation with groundbreaking technology? How would you like to improve machinery and process systems? Do you have 2 – 3 years work experience in leading and developing teams?
We’re looking for individuals with 2-3 years of experience in the military, physical distribution, operations management, supply chain management, logistics, or engineering to join our team at our new 1.3MM square foot distribution and customer fulfillment center in Morris, IL (greater Chicago area). We want individuals who can handle dynamic work environments and who know how to think outside of the box. We rely on our engineers in our manufacturing and physical distribution centers to make our products to the highest of standards. If you would like to be a part of this process, then we want you to apply! Are you ready for the challenge?
Meaningful work on Day 1
We produce high-quality products and need to do so on-time and at a low cost. We value your creativity and skill in analyzing and solving some big meaningful problems. From the beginning throughout the start-up and ongoing operations, you will be leading projects that matter and guiding teams that will impact the production of globally recognized branded products. Our Manufacturing Engineer Line/Area Managers help us get things done!
We offer you:
* A diverse, multifaceted work environment passionate about safety and quality
* Truly meaningful work from the beginning
* The opportunity to be on the production floor, meeting various challenges
* Continuous mentorship, coaching, training, and guidance
* The opportunity to learn and work with the world-renowned technologies
* The chance to influence the production and quality of our leading products
We offer a competitive salary and benefits program which includes paid time off, medical insurance, life insurance, disability, retirement (Profit Sharing at no cost to the employee), 401K savings plan, and other forms of recognition, plus:
* Regular salary revisions and possible promotions – all in line with your results, performance and potential.
* You will work in a dynamic and respectful work environment
* We live our Purpose, Values, and Principles daily.
We value every individual and encourage initiatives promoting agility and work/life balance. We are seeking individuals with the following qualities:
* A military, manufacturing or operations background with a good understanding of supply chain
* Ability to problem solve, make clear choices, influence others, and take smart risk
* Ability to lead, develop and grow the capability of a team
* Highly motivated, self-driven, and eager to learn new skills
* Strong communication, interpersonal, and time management skills
* A desire to work in a fast-paced, hands-on environment with technicians and equipment
What will you do?
Manufacturing Engineer Line/Area Managers are responsible for the results of their area and building long term capability in their area and systems. They lead our efforts to identify and drive out losses through standards and implementing daily systems that enable us to produce the highest quality products.
Daily work could encompass any of the following:
* Providing leadership to deliver continuous improvement of our operations, work processes, and automation technologies, systems and reliability
* Managing, coaching and building capability in technicians
* Identifying, prioritizing, analyzing, and eliminating losses and inefficiencies
* Delivery and start-up of new equipment, initiatives, and projects
* Collaborating with technical experts, other functions, and other manufacturing sites to create the best solutions
* Creating and improving standards to enable us to achieve the performance targets for the processing area
* Understanding and working with state-of-the-art robotics and cutting-edge technologies including self-guided vehicles, automated storage and retrieval systems, automated picking solutions and advanced warehouse management systems
Requirements (skills / experiences) for the role:
* Have a BS/MS degree in operations management, engineering, supply chain management/logistics or similar degree. This role leverages advanced technology to address practical business considerations.
* Have 2 – 3 years of experience in the military, physical distribution, operations management, supply chain management, logistics, or engineering or similar work.
* Must be willing to travel on the job. It depends on your position, but we want to make sure you are ok traveling for this job.
* Willing to relocate during your career.
We produce globally recognized brands, and we grow the best business leaders in the industry. With a portfolio of trusted brands as diverse as ours, it is paramount our leaders are able to lead with courage the vast array of brands, categories and functions. We serve consumers around the world with one of the strongest portfolios of trusted, quality, leadership brands, including Always®, Ariel®, Gillette®, Head & Shoulders®, Herbal Essences®, Oral-B®, Pampers®, Pantene®, Tampax® and more. Our community includes operations in approximately 70 countries worldwide. – Visit http://www.pg.com to know more.
Just so you know:
We are committed to providing equal opportunities in employment. We value diversity and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
All will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, citizenship, HIV/AIDS status or any other legally protected factor.
Immigration sponsorship is not available for this position, except in rare situations based on Procter & Gamble’s sole discretion. Applicants for U.S. based positions are eligible to work in the U.S. without the need for current or future sponsorship. We do not sponsor for permanent residency. Any exceptions are based on the Company’s specific business needs at the time and place of recruitment as well as the particular qualifications of the individual.
Procter & Gamble participates in e-verify as required by law.
Qualified individuals will not be disadvantaged based on being unemployed.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.