Begin a meaningful career right here.
Within the broader Digital Transformation journey to lead the industry with a totally connected, end-to-end innovation process, P&G Digital Lab Solutions is seeking to transform R&D design and measurement science! We will move from our current state of highly customized software with thousands of disconnected instruments and many unstructured methods to an orchestrated measurement capability. In Orchestrated Measurement, well-governed data will flow seamlessly from connected instruments into the LIMS+ELN platform via standardized work processes and structured methods. A robust data model will aid integration with other applications for request management, data consumption, data activation and analytics. All this will be enabled by configurable, out-of-the-box, cloud-based software.
In this role you will focus on internal / external multifunctional efforts to transform our ELN and LIMS landscape and enable future data activation with the end goal of next generation modeling and simulation. Current project focus is to re-invent the LIMS+ELN platform across R&D to an orchestrated measurement solution. The program is composed of multiple phases. In Phase I we seek to exit aging, legacy digital laboratory solutions and implement a single solution for ELN and LIMS functionality. In Phase II, the system is scaled E2E across the P&G Technical Community and data activation potential is unleashed. Your work will focus on a holistic lab informatics approach to managing / executing several system development and project delivery work streams. You will become an ELN and data activation expert, leading interaction with teams across business units and functions (product and process design, products research, measurement science) to ensure their system implementation leads to transformative data activation and business value.
* Create a scalable, enterprise-grade framework for ELN (“innovation narrative”) and measurement science (“structured data”) which spans P&G businesses.
* Partner with external vendors and x-business resources to create a framework for standard reports (stability, performance, etc.) which meet business needs.
* Investigate options for complex data structure and storage within the platform and beyond
Data Activation (unleash value)
* Partner to deliver Business Analysis, requirements, value analysis, and strategic/tactical plan to enable data activation through the data system.
* Partner with the Corporate Data Lake team to ensure LIMS/ELN data is complete and available to modeling practitioners and experts
* Envision and deliver an experience for technical staff where laboratory data is democratized and central to business innovation.
* Experience in and familiarity with core aspects of R&D laboratory operations is required [including but not limited to, biological, chemical, and physical testing, formulation and process development, or products research].
* Operating knowledge of organizing laboratory work at scale and optimizing work flow.
* Accurate documentation skills and familiarity with GxP practices strongly preferred.
* The experience and ability to participate in multifunctional projects and teams. Includes key input to setting priorities, defining the work, and setting expectations to deliver against objectives, as well as setting/re-adjusting project direction as needed. Work will involve setting direction for external vendors and consultants as well as leading key sub-groups of business end-users, subject matter experts, IT and Corporate R&D.
* Partnership with manufacturing QA on overlap of LIMS+ELN items is required.
* Experience with laboratory informatics is expected. This includes application of work process improvement and IT tools to optimize laboratory operations, including work flow standardization, master data management, request and sample handling, data acquisition, instrument integration, specialized data management systems [e.g. CDS], scientific data management and knowledge management.
* Experience in administration of large-scale data acquisition systems from the R&D side [e.g. relational databases, electronic lab notebook].
* Experience with back end data activation strategy is a big plus.
* Science, Engineering, or IT background at the B.S., M.S. level of training.
* Experience with and adherence to laboratory safety and QA requirements.
Skills Needed to Perform This Job:
* Problem-solving, communication, integrative thinking, practical use of relational database systems, practical experience with enterprise software configuration, familiarity with laboratory operations across businesses and functions.
* Ability to lead with courage and influence others.
Skills You Can Expect to Learn/Build in This Job:
You will learn how to effectively coordinate and lead multiple work streams critical for successful Enterprise Lab Informatics Platform design, development, and delivery. You will learn how P&G businesses innovate across functions and help them bring their data vision to life.
What we offer:
Responsibilities as of Day 1 – you will feel the ownership of your project from the beginning, and you will be given specific projects and responsibilities.
Continuous mentorship – you will work with passionate people and receive both formal training as well as day-to-day mentoring from your manager.
Work and be part of a dynamic and encouraging environment – working over a diverse array of interesting problems.
Promote agility and work/life balance for employees, we value every individual and support initiatives.
Experience true support for work/life effectiveness and your long-term well-being.
Get a competitive salary and benefits’ package.
We produce globally recognized brands, and we grow the best business leaders in the industry. With a portfolio of trusted brands as diverse as ours, it is paramount our leaders are able to lead with courage the vast array of brands, categories and functions. We serve consumers around the world with one of the strongest portfolios of trusted, quality, leadership brands, including Always®, Ariel®, Gillette®, Head & Shoulders®, Herbal Essences®, Oral-B®, Pampers®, Pantene®, Tampax® and more. Our community includes operations in approximately 70 countries worldwide.
Visit http://www.pg.com to know more.
Our consumers are diverse and our talents – internally – mirror this diversity to best serve it. That is why we’re committed to building a winning culture based on Inclusion and our ideal candidate is passionate about the same principle: you will join our daily effort of being “in touch” so we craft brands and products to improve the lives of the world’s consumers now and in the future. We want you to inspire us with your unrivaled ideas.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, citizenship, HIV/AIDS status or any other legally protected factor.
Immigration sponsorship is not available for this role. As a general matter, Procter & Gamble does not sponsor candidates for nonimmigrant visas or permanent residency. However, Procter & Gamble may make exceptions on a discretionary basis. Any exceptions would be based on the Company’s specific business needs at the time and place of recruitment as well as the particular qualifications of the individual.
Procter & Gamble participates in e-verify as required by law.
Qualified individuals will not be disadvantaged based on being unemployed.