Begin a meaningful career right here.
P&G is the largest consumer packaged goods company in the world. We have operations in over 75 countries, with 65 trusted brands that improve lives for 5 billion consumers worldwide. This brings many advantages, including the opportunity for our employees to enjoy a diverse and rewarding lifelong career filled with new and exciting challenges.
We believe great ideas emerge from the creative connections that happen between our talented employees, and we encourage diverse, multi-functional teams to work together to generate new ideas to address challenges we face.
We are currently looking for a passionate and technically savvy individual to join our P&G Product Supply (PS) Engineering Organization as a Project Leader and PC&IS (Power Control and Information Systems) Manager in our paper product plant located in beautiful Southern California. In Engineering, we have tremendous influence on current and future platforms that drive savings and efficiency. Our passionate engineers are constantly working seamlessly with the Central Engineering organization, Platform teams and local operations to enable platform standardization and migration with minimum to no impact to the business. Our technical community at the plants not only support the local operations but also the entire paper product network across the company to rapidly roll out platform standardization. We commit not only to driving value to the business but promoting a safety culture which positions us to be at least 5 times better in the total incident rate than our industry sector average.
As Project Leader and PC&IS (Power Control and Information Systems) Manager you will:
* Work closely with the Platform and Central Engineering organization to develop the technology master plan to support the business over next 5 to 10 years.
* Propose technology improvements to current platform standards to reduce effort, increase productivity and accelerate business goals. Provide technical and affordable solutions to increase efficiency and prevent problems from occurring in your area of responsibility, operating within our business and operating standards.
* Lead and execute projects on-site and at other paper plants across the company in collaboration with central and local resources to support the business.
* Implement and lead PC&IS changes for the plant (review, approve, and control quality of execution).
* Learn the process at the plant with experienced technical resources that will support you to rapidly adjust to the technology. In tandem, you will find opportunities to increase the effectiveness and efficiency of the PC&IS operations and work closely with the operations team to deliver the agreed continuous improvement plan.
* Develop software applications associated with DCS, PLCs. Develop EI packages for construction organization and for roll out.
* Be an active leader to develop future generations of engineers joining the plant in Product Supply.
The Ideal Candidate is:
* Able to solve complex technical problems by collecting/analyzing data and leveraging experiences and other resources locally, externally and within the sector.
* Technically savvy and able to define and/or envision next platform generation that will deliver the business need.
* Flexible and adaptive to our plant environment and dynamic.
* Committed to safety and quality culture.
* A leader for the next generation to come and open enough to constantly learn and teach breakthrough ways to mitigate problems or risks.
* A bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering.
* 5+ years of experience as a Power Control and Information System Manager.
* Experience with Honeywell Safety Manager, Rockwell ControlLogix, or RS Logix/Factory Talk.
* Strong technical analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Ability to relocate to Ventura County (Southern California) and travel up to 20% domestically.
* Project Manager Skills.
* Experience in the Tissue and Towel (Paper) business.
* Experience in reading, using and developing programs associated with Honeywell Experion DCS. AC/DC Drive System experience.
* Knowledge of field instruments/actuators & control loops for process controls.
* Hands-on experience with Industrial Controls Equipment (Including: Sensors, transmitters, and final control elements).
* Experience reading technical diagrams and schematics.
* Experience with industry codes and standards (ex. NEC, UL, NFPA 79).
What we offer:
Responsibilities as of Day 1 – you will feel the ownership of your project from the beginning, and you will be given specific projects and responsibilities.
Continuous mentorship – you will work with passionate people and receive both formal training as well as day-to-day mentoring from your manager.
Work and be part of a dynamic and encouraging environment – working over a diverse array of interesting problems.
Promote agility and work/life balance for employees, we value every individual and support initiatives, promoting.
We love flexibility. You can arrange your work schedule based on your personal needs.
Experience true support for work/life effectiveness and your long-term well-being.
Get a competitive salary and benefits’ package.
We produce globally recognized brands, and we grow the best business leaders in the industry. With a portfolio of trusted brands as diverse as ours, it is paramount our leaders are able to lead with courage the vast array of brands, categories and functions. We serve consumers around the world with one of the strongest portfolios of trusted, quality, leadership brands, including Always®, Ariel®, Gillette®, Head & Shoulders®, Herbal Essences®, Oral-B®, Pampers®, Pantene®, Tampax® and more. Our community includes operations in approximately 70 countries worldwide.
Visit http://www.pg.com to know more.
Our consumers are diverse and our talents – internally – mirror this diversity to best serve it. That is why we’re committed to building a winning culture based on Inclusion and our ideal candidate is passionate about the same principle: you will join our daily effort of being “in touch” so we craft brands and products to improve the lives of the world’s consumers now and in the future. We want you to inspire us with your unrivaled ideas.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, citizenship, HIV/AIDS status or any other legally protected factor.
Immigration sponsorship is not available for this role. As a general matter, Procter & Gamble does not sponsor candidates for nonimmigrant visas or permanent residency. However, Procter & Gamble may make exceptions on a discretionary basis. Any exceptions would be based on the Company’s specific business needs at the time and place of recruitment as well as the particular qualifications of the individual.
Procter & Gamble participates in e-verify as required by law.
Qualified individuals will not be disadvantaged based on being unemployed.