Primus Provides Entry Level Opportunities For Project Field Engineers.
Primus is the premiere provider of design construction services in the cold storage, manufacturing and sterilization industries. Our clients achieve new levels of success because of our innovative thinking, collaborative approach and our grit. You can see it in our results and feel it when you work with us.
Project Field Engineers: Completes & supports various responsibilities for construction projects from working in office under the Project Management team and then moving to an in the field role working under Superintendents to support the project needs.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate with project teams on planning to ensure quality for assigned tasks.
- Participates in the estimating and change management process and tools, including quantity take-off and review of subcontractor proposals.
- Assists in making decisions on the selection of subcontractors and vendors.
- Coordinates approved purchase orders for timing and delivery to support project completion material purchases, project changes, and repairs where appropriate to support project completion.
- Works on site with the project team to carry out a variety of tasks such as monitoring subcontractors, safety, materials, quantity and equipment.
- Participates in activities such as punch lists, city inspections, safety reviews, quality reviews and prepares the necessary documentation.
- Posts drawings and specifications with most recent information.
- Organizes and participates in various project meetings. Prepares and disseminates required documentation as appropriate.
- Coordinate and inspects work and prepares a variety of reports including project daily reports, weekly progress reports, unit reporting, percentage complete, daily manpower, production schedules, equipment tracking, etc. in order to support the project. Talking to subs, documenting, did the painter get his work completed add self-perform comment within our pull-planning schedule map.
- Performs job site observations with project leadership.
- Provides progress updates and reports back to the project team to support the scheduling process.
- May provide oversight to assigned to close out aspects of the project
- Oversees, including but not limited to the punch list, operations and maintenance manuals, as-built drawings, etc.
- Abides by company best practice standards and fundamentals for building and construction techniques
- Builds relationships and develops communication and interpersonal skills with tradespeople and project team members such as foreman, journeymen, superintendents, subcontractors, etc.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the various functions and support roles across the company and how each contributes to the success of a project.
- Collaborates and demonstrates teamwork in project setting.
- Implements Lean practices into regular activities.
- Reporting, plan their own schedules, within the parameters of work scope.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelors degree in construction management, engineering or related field.
- In lieu of bachelors degree, equivalent, relevant experience will be considered.
- Ability to perform work accurately and completely, and in a timely manner.
- Proven professional Communication skills, verbal and written.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite
- Knowledge of Lean process and philosophy.
- Knowledge of required construction technology.
- Ability to apply fundamentals of the means and methods of construction management.
- Ability to assess and optimize project productivity.
- Knowledge of specific trades and scopes of work.
- Ability to build relationships and collaborate within a team, internally and externally
- Action Oriented
- Technical/Functional Skills
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Organizational Savvy
- Paid Time Off and Sick Days
- A 401k Program that offers an aggressive company match
- Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance
- Company Paid Group Life Insurance
- Long-Term and Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Competitive Wages
- Casual Dress Code
Primus does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital or familial status, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by under federal, state or local law in the programs or activities which it operates.