Pricing Manager/Snr. Manager
PrimeSource is the largest purveyor of fasteners in the world and one of the largest distributors of building materials in North America. With 34 distribution centers throughout the US and more than 1,200 employees, PrimeSource is an international distributor of building materials serving residential, commercial, and industrial new-construction and remodeling markets as a value-added link in the distribution chain.
Core products distributed under the nationally known Grip-Rite® and Pro-Twist® brands include: Nails, screws, and collated fasteners; tools, compressors and accessories; residential and commercial roofing products; diamond blades and accessories, gypsum accessories, weather protection and covers, adhesives and caulks, contractor bags and poly sheeting, building accessories; concrete accessories; and fencing and wire.
PrimeSource is a portfolio company of Clearlake Capital, who is a leading private equity sponsor which has completed 300+ investments since its inception, and currently has $30 billion of assets under management.
PrimeSource Building Products, Inc., has an opportunity for a Manager role within the Pricing team located at its Las Colinas (Dallas), Texas corporate office.
The team member will report to the Director of Pricing as a key member of the Finance team. The Manager will have a high-level of exposure to senior executives and frequently interact with others cross-functionally within the organization.
This position will provide analysis to support the optimization of our pricing for all product categories and channels. This will include tracking pricing KPI’s, ongoing maintenance/development of client segmentation and price testing. They will take a lead role in establishing and running the monthly Pricing review with the Commercial team to ensure competitive pricing/market position, maintain and grow profitability, and inform strategy as well as oversee the implementation of pricing changes across the organization.
To be successful in the role, you must be highly motivated, pro-active with a bias towards action, able to make sound decisions, flexible, have a desire to make an impact and be able to interact effectively with all levels of the organization while maintaining a positive and team focused approach.
Role & Responsibilities
- Lead the establishment of a monthly Pricing review process with the Commercial team
- Track pricing KPI’s and recommend pricing adjustments accordingly
- Deploy pricing changes into the system
- Support pricing negotiations with large Customers using financial models
- Develop and maintain reporting on pricing related topics to stakeholders across the organization
· Analyze business opportunities as well as research company, customer, competitor, and industry trends
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in written format on quantitative analysis to audiences at multiple levels of the organization
· Possess ability and drive to seek out, implement, and/or improve internal or external best practices
· Create ad-hoc analysis to assist in special projects
- MBA or advanced degree in quantitative discipline
- 3+ years of experience in an analytical role in a corporate environment
- B2B/Distributor, and/or CPG pricing experience a plus
- Ability to frame business opportunities and develop clear, concise and compelling executive-ready communications
- Excellent collaboration skills, ability to handle multiple tasks and work effectively in a cross-functional team environment
- Strong focus with attention to details and accuracy
- Strong intellectual curiosity and affinity for numbers
Skills & Tools
· Exceptional Microsoft Excel skills (advanced ability with pivot tables and advanced formulas is required)
· Comfortable using Microsoft PowerPoint to communicate and present findings
- Experience with Tableau data visualization tool
· Experience with Alteryx statistical modeling/data flow tool a plus
- Experience with an enterprise price optimization tool (ex: Vendavo, PROS, Price f(X), Zilliant) a plus
- Experience with SAP a plus
- Experience creating and manipulating financial models using large datasets – SQL is a plus
· A competitive compensation and benefits package will be available for the successful candidate, along with the opportunity to move into positions of increasing responsibility with successful performance