The Staff Accountant will report to the Director of Treasury and will be responsible for critical accounting tasks within the accounting department.
- Coordinate with property managers and construction personnel on accruals and various other accounting issues.
- Identify investigate and explain in detail all budget to actual variances.
- Prepare and record all journal entries.
- Review Balance Sheet and P&L accounts for accuracy and verify that they reconcile to the detailed GL. The review includes variance analysis to last year and current year budget and resolution of all outstanding issues.
- Prepared account analysis for the assigned cost centers and reconcile intercompany accounts to ensure financial statements are presented properly and in accordance with GAAP or the Tax Basis of Accounting.
- Reconcile all Due to and Due from accounts of all parents and subs.
- Prepare and process requisitions and purchase orders for supplies and equipment.
- Credit Card Reconciliations.
- Accounting for Fixed Assets and computing and recording Depreciation Expense by category.
- 2-3 years of hands-on accounting and financial reporting experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting from a four-year college or university, preferably in the field of Accounting or Finance.
- Ability to work in an environment consisting of users that have a wide range of accounting and reporting skills.
- Experience with Accounting ERPs, Microsoft Office and other accounting and financial reporting tools.
- Excellent technical problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills as well as the ability to explain highly technical concepts
- Able to function both in a team environment and also independently with minimal supervision.
Thank you for expressing interest in employment with our organization. While only those candidates considered for the position will be contacted, your resume will remain on file for 90 days.
Equal Opportunity Employer