We Turn HR into Your Unfair Competitive Advantage.
On its surface, Poprouser appears to be an HR and People Operations consulting firm, but if you look a bit deeper, you will see an R&D team that looks at painful issues facing businesses and uses human interaction, business frameworks, and technology to come up with durable and scalable solutions.
Our mission is to cultivate a more innovative, engaged, and effective workforce by eliminating workforce inefficiencies and inequities. We rouse organizations to become healthy and build winning teams, and strive to revolutionize traditional HR. Our vision is to free people up to innovate, enjoy life, and tackle the bigger issues facing humanity by creating the country’s most people-centric company in the USA, partnering with businesses in all states and territories.
We’re looking for a dynamic, consultative person as our next HR Assistant. The role is based in Miami, and will be about 90% remote during the COVID-19 crisis, then 75% remote with onsite work periodically thereafter. You will be serving our clients (startups and small & medium-sized enterprises in the US) needing HR services in:
- Talent Attraction and Recruitment
- HR Administrative Process Improvement and Optimization
- Organizational Design & Development
- Driving outcomes with Technology
- People Metrics/Analytics
To be considered, candidates must possess self-discipline, strong intellectual curiosity, and tendencies toward thinking through creative solutions. We deal with people at their best and worst, so a competent level of emotional intelligence is also a must! You must be willing to provide and receive feedback. A quick way to know if this role is for you is if you embody the aforementioned values.
While it is helpful to have a college degree, degree-seeking or people without degrees are also considered, granted they can demonstrate career passion and required expertise. The HR Assistant reports directly to the Founders and will collaborate across the internal team, and your work will be critical in satisfying the needs of clients demanding impactful service. This means that familiarity with working effectively with startups and aspirational small businesses is required. You are also a junior-level consultant to our clients.
Responsibilities – Areas of Impact
- Execute/lead Employee Lifecycle programs for clients including sourcing, interviewing, hiring, onboarding, and terminating employees
- Measure and present performance to clients and internal leadership, communicating value in data, analytics, and insights
- Communicate with clients throughout projects to understand/set expectations, establish timelines, and grow the relationship
- Work closely with clients’ and Poprouser management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, improve employer brand, and increase productivity and retention
- Learn, execute, and train users on the following software & technical systems: ATS, HRIS, Assessments, LMS, Performance Management, Corporate Wiki, and KPI Dashboards
- Partner with clients as needed/required to provide strategic HR guidance to management (organizational structure, workplace safety, compensation & benefits, knowledge & learning management, diversity & inclusion)
- Audit HR systems and processes and ensure regulatory compliance, effectiveness, efficiency, and data security
- Develop and coordinate change management nudges and interventions regarding projects, employee behaviors, operations, and HR workflow
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience in Human Resources, Management, Finance, Psychology, or related field
- Experience working effectively at a tech startup during rapid growth desired
- Intermediate Level: Recruiting, Employee Relations, Performance Management, Strategic HR, and writing HR Policies
- Intermediate Level: Investigation, Negotiation, and Conflict Resolution, preferably in a multicultural, diverse environment
- Intermediate Level: proficiency in collaborative tools such as Google Suite, Microsoft Office, Slack, and HR information systems
- Character Traits: Creativity, Resourcefulness, Self-management, Strong communication, Tenacity, High Energy
- HR certifications: AIHR, SHRM (SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP), HRCI (PHR, SPHR), IHRIM (HRIP), TRA (CCP) or university certificate
- Exposure to Data visualization platforms such as Tableau, Oracle, Power BI, Looker