Playbook is hiring several additional candidates for our highly competitive 2-4 year flex junior product manager program as well as 2022 grads for our summer internship program. The program is designed for distinguished graduates from leading MBA and masters in product management (or equivalent programs) with consideration given to top graduates from select undergraduate programs.
What We Offer
- Vision and Upside – Playbook is building Shopify for sports and experience businesses. As we scale our 10,000s of businesses our product development team will continue to grow from our current 15 person team and we will need incredible product managers. You’ll receive substantial options in Playbook vesting over 4 years. It’s our conviction that you’ll see continued growth in the value of these share over the coming years.
- Growth- Our goal is to build Playbook’s reputation as an incredible place to launch your product management career. While we cannot match the compensation from a google or Amazon we can offer several things that are much more valuable. You will have a significant impact on a product that influences millions of end users lives immediately. You will be an early employee with a mission driven product team looking to profoundly shift the paradigm in which sports and experiences are experienced both by our business clients and their end users. You will have a major impact on improving communities, helping small businesses , and making communities more interactive and connected via sports and experience.
- We follow a typical agile development process with some unique elements that have evolved over time. We over invest in analytics as well as qualitative customer feedback and we look for a strong ability to synthesize and learn from both data and qualitative signals. We consider ourselves uncompromising in terms of relying on rational analysis and a deep empathy with out users to guide our toughest decisions.
- After 3-4 months of training and onboarding alongside our CEO and CTO, you will be assigned a team of 2-5 developers that you will manage. You will be given continuous feedback and guidance while having access to several senior advisors as mentors and coaches.
- You will help create innovative technology that helps sports and experience business clients hit their revenue and profitability goals. Our clients include everyone from small summer camps to large chains of sports facilities, college teams, and NBA/NFL/MLB teams. By helping our clients hit their targets you are helping them ensure the sustainability of their programs and expanding the positive impact they have in their community.
Your Path in the Program
Year 1- Junior Project Manager
- You will work under our CEO, CTO, and our elite group of developers. After a few months of training you will be responsible for your own product team managing planning, writing tickets, daily scrum meetings, and managing retrospectives and process improvement. There will be extensive training and metrics to allow you to see how you are stacking up against expectations and goals.
Year 2- Senior Product Manager
- After approximately 1 year (can be 9-15 months in some cases) you will be given a promotion and assigned additional developers. You will be entrusted with additional responsibilities including helping to manage incoming junior product managers.
Year 3-4 and Beyond
We offer unlimited growth opportunities and there will be several paths that can be taken by successful candidates. Some of those potential paths include:
- Continuing to grow in your role on the product team clients and the size of your development team
- Getting promoted to a manager of product team. We are experiencing rapid growth and we expect the need for several managers on the team as we rapidly scale.
- Joining another team at Playbook.
- Leveraging Playbook as a launching pad for your next opportunity. We have an incredible track record placing Playbook graduates in their ideal roles. Our managers are well connected in sports, finance, and technology, and #1 value is a team first mindset. As part of Playbook, senior advocates will have your back and do everything possible to ensure you get the best possible offers for the role you’re looking for.