PlanSource is a high-growth software company headquartered in Orlando, Florida with offices in Salt Lake City Utah, and Charleston South Carolina. We are currently looking for a Client Support Associate – COBRA to provide support to brokers and employers utilizing the PlanSource COBRA service. In this role, you will report to the Service Manager, Ancillary Services with the primary goal of meeting or exceeding client expectations. This position will function as part of the Quality Process and Operational Delivery department.
About the Client Support Associate – COBRA Position
As a Client Support Associate – COBRA, you will be expected to perform the following duties:
- Establish and maintain relationships with key clients and/or brokers as assigned.
- Responsible for ensuring that client remains compliant with COBRA Regulations as set forth by the US Department of Labor.
- Respond to client and broker escalations from the Service team via email and phone.
- Respond to participant escalations as received via cases created by the Contact Center or Service team.
- Research client/broker/participant escalations received from the Service team or Contact Center.
- Work with the assigned Account Management team to resolve any outstanding issues and participate in any required meetings.
- Maintain proficiency in the COBRA Administration software and work with vendor as needed.
- Provide initial and on-going training to groups using the COBRA Administration software.
- Coordinate with Premium Specialist with any questions or concerns regarding Monthly Remittance.
- Notify the Finance Department to changes regarding one-time or ongoing service fees.
- Provide QA review of annual renewal and ensure open enrollment packets are sent timely.
- Work with the Carrier Connect team to correct/investigate coverage issues for participants and work with the insurance carriers as needed.
- Oversee COBRA Administration and/or Direct Billing process, including sending Initial Notices, Qualifying Event Notice, or other needed notices.
- Receive reports from COBRA Administration software and process changes within the PlanSource system.
- Communicate internally with Carrier Connect team to timely enroll or terminate employees from coverage.
- If necessary, post payments to participant files and send letters when payments are not correct.
- Receive monthly audit discrepancies from the EDI team and investigate and/or make changes where necessary.
As the Client Support Associate – COBRA, you will bring a strong technical aptitude, a strong customer orientation and excellent problem solving skills.
Additionally, you will have:
- High School Diploma, college degree
- 1 year customer service
- Creative and professional verbal and written communication skills
- Must demonstrate above-average initiative, self-reliance and autonomy, with the judgment to know when to take the lead, when to involve others, and how to set priorities of the work functions assigned
- Strong keyboarding skills
- Familiar with Microsoft Office
- Ability to be an effective team member
- Must be able to work outside of normal work hours
- Knowledge of the COBRApoint system a plus