Since 2001, PlanITROI has been focused on “Changing Lives with Affordable Technology”. Now, more than ever, PlanITROI is considered “essential” and our impact on students’ and families’ lives is our driving mission.
Previously owned computing devices and mobile technology simply cannot be created. By partnering with organizations, industry leaders, educational institutions, and governments to uncover and recover the highest possible value for their retired and returned technology assets, we gain access to previously owned products.
Our supply team’s efforts to bring in previously owned computing devices provides us the opportunity to offer refurbished and recertified devices through major online retailers. It is our goal to always create an affordable option for computing devices so we can continue to make an impact on the students, families, and businesses who depend on affordable technology.
We’re a certified “Great Place to Work in the US” and pride ourselves on being a “People First” company. That means… in all situations, do what’s best for others. There is no better way to build a brand than to authentically do what’s right for others – every day!
We’ve been operating as a remote team across the US for years, so we understand how to operate like a well-oiled remote machine. The heartbeat of what we do is driven by processes and systems that keep us accountable and working as a team, we call it “The PlanITROI Way”.
Our mission gives meaning to team members, allowing them to sink their teeth into doing what they love and give back to their community at the same time. Come work with us to not only make an impact on your life but on the world!
Position Overview for Computer Repair Technician: PlanITROI is currently looking for a highly motivated individual to join our Production Department as a Computer Repair Technician.
- Diagnose, repair, assemble and reconfigure IT equipment to customer specifications
- Work on desktops, notebooks, Chromebooks, phones and tablets
- Configure, upgrade and test computer hardware and peripherals
- Work with production personnel to drive and complete projects
- Technically and accurately inspect, classify, sort, count, diagnose, evaluate, disassemble and repair computer hardware
- Record configuration, repairs performed and cosmetic information utilizing production database
- Organize and maintain technical facility
- Help set standards and policies to improve efficiency and reduce cost
- Coach entry-level computer technicians to make sure they perform to the standards defined by the office and the company
- Ensure inventory within department is moved to the correct locations both physically and in the system
- Help management determine the best disposition of inventory, such as repair, sell as is, or wholesale
- Drive pace and motivate entry level technicians
- Other duties as assigned
Most important experience and qualities we need in a Computer Repair Technician:
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a similar role
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Associate’s Degree in electronics field, preferred
- A+ certification, preferred
- Knowledge of computer hardware and software
- Diagnostic and troubleshooting abilities
- BIOS configuration and upgrade utilities
- Ability to configure, maintain and upgrade PC workstations
- Ability to identify and install PC hardware and peripherals
- Ability to answer computer and software related questions in technical and non-technical terms
- Ability to understand and carry out instructions explained in various forms (written, oral or diagram)
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
PlanITROI Core Values:
- Driven & Confident
- Think Win/Win Always
- Own IT/Solve IT
- Personal Growth leads to Professional Growth
- Innovate & Change the World
- Proud to be Part of the PlanITROI Family
Visit our websites for more information: