The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette is Western Pennsylvania’s largest newspaper and post-gazette.com is the region’s most visited news website, together reaching nearly 1 million people each week. The Post-Gazette provides unparalleled reporting and commentary on Pittsburgh’s sports teams – the Steelers, Penguins, Pirates and the University of Pittsburgh – plus award-winning local, national and international news coverage.
Develop, service and maintain new advertising accounts for Post-Gazette and post-gazette.com through the sale of all our advertising products including but not limited to ROP, special sections, special products, niche publications and post-gazette.com.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS include the following (though other duties may be assigned as applicable):
- Develops and maintains account records and territory sales call plans.
- Demonstrates a successful record identifying and developing new sales and inactive advertisers in assigned geographical area or category as assigned by supervisor.
- Orders advertisements and follow through the entire process to ensure accuracy and compliance with Company’s deadlines, credit policies and customer’s specifications.
- Write layout and artwork specifications for advertisements.
- Sell contracts for advertising.
- Handle all billing problems relating to accounts for which responsible.
- Coordinate with support staff on handling of ad copy and orders.
- Ability to use marketing and research material and effectively deliver successful sales
- Develop and maintain a solid knowledge of competing media, marketing and industry practices.
- Maintain required advertising lineage as determined by supervisor.
- Handle additional related assignments as assigned by supervisor.
- File sales, mileage and other reports as required for Company records.
- Adhere to credit and office procedures; administer exceptions in accordance with Company policies and procedures.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, marketing or communications highly preferred.
- Two to five years outside sales experience, with advertising sales preferred.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Highly skilled with Microsoft products, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Certificates & Licenses
- Must have a valid PA driver’s license and must have a car available for work. (Territory depends on assigned account list.)
- Professional attire and appearance at all times.
- Effective oral and written communication skills; demonstrated interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to develop and execute a sales plan and to utilize marketing and research tools.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Proven ability to build client relationships and develop creative ideas.
- Possess superior customer service skills.
- Must understand the importance of voluntarily attending client and community events outside of regular work hours.
- Proven sales track record.
Possess ad layout or related skills
Pittsburgh Post-Gazette is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)