Portfolio Strategy group is responsible for mortgage asset management and best execution. This includes creating and implementing default servicing programs, GNMA early buy-out & submission to pool, REO rental/Held for sale strategy and File Management Services. The applications, models and tools that supports the execution of these strategies are created and managed by group as well.
The primary function of Portfolio Strategy Analyst is to support the VP with routine reporting, trend analysis, execute pricing model runs and create ad hoc analysis using MSSQL and Excel. The analyst is expected to perform analysis with an undergraduate level understanding of finance and statistical concepts.
- Reporting: The analyst is responsible for various recurring, and non-recurring, reports that require knowledge of MS Excel and MS SQL database.
- Execute Model Runs: Prepare dataset and kick off various pricing models to determine the value of the execution such as modification, refinance, short sale and deed-in-lieu under the supervision of Senior Analyst or Manager.
- Trend Analysis: Analyze production trends for multiple business areas.
- Ad Hoc Analysis: Produce ad hoc analysis by applying undergraduate level financial and statistical concepts
- Data preparation & query: Perform data query using MSSQL
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned
- Demonstrate behaviors which are aligned with the organization’s desired culture and values
Ideal Candidate will have the following
- Undergraduate degree in one of the following: Business, Finance, Math, Economics, Information Systems, Engineering or related field
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills (quantitative, conceptual and analytical)
- Excellent communication skills
- Must be a team player with strong attention to detail and able to work independently
- MS Excel
- Proven track record at delivering timely and accurate information in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of MS SQL and Visual Basic is a bonus